07 ♡ Dying Breath

The palace had more rules than servants and with the palace's size, the servant count was among the hundreds. Stumbling upon a corpse was natural. Whether it was suicide or the automatic jujutsu as punishment for breaking a rule, Uraume could sense the death immediately and warp to document and dispose of it. It was part of her duties.

But today she warped to a corpse she couldn't explain. The guard died mere minutes ago yet he was already decomposing. She looked to the throne in pure confusion and only grew more baffled.

The weak sorcerer from before was for some reason allowed to sit at the King's feet. Uraume stood shocked for a few seconds before proceeding with what she came for. Whatever Sukuna's business was with you, it wasn't part of her duties and she wouldn't dare play with the King's trust.

Something about Sukuna's demand tugged at your mind,"From what I've seen, it's not like you to take an interest in the weak..."

"Isn't this what you wanted?", he mused,"How curious. The one time you don't smile is when you've gotten the honor to face me."

You frowned. Strength was one thing but underestimating your intelligence was a whole other story,"That's because I've faced you before, Sukuna. Considering you recognized my technique, you must've done some research yourself and figured that out, right?"

"Quite brave of you to ask me a question. Shall I remind you you're my prisoner?"

"Am I?"

You hadn't meant to question either him or his authority, but in Sukuna's eyes, you did both. His playful facade fell and he glared,"Until your dying breath. Rest assured, woman. You gave me the right to your life and death the moment you invaded my palace."

To his confusion, you smiled and clapped your hands together in approval,"Oh, good! It helps if you care about my life. Then you might care about Yuuji's."

Sukuna scoffed spitefully,"Your parents must be cousins."

"Huh. You weren't lying about the 'inbred' comment in my era."

With each word that came out your mouth, he felt himself get more aggravated,"DAMN IT, WOMAN, YOUR TECHNIQUE!"

The jump you made gave Sukuna some peace of mind. Underneath it all, you were still a coward, and fear was one of the few things he could still enjoy torturing you with. It for sure made for a better sight than the stupid smile. He thoroughly relished your shrinking figure and refusal to meet his eyes.

It was all the more gratifying when you blatantly gave in to it,"...What do you want to know?"

He felt good enough to rest his back on the throne again, looking down apathetically to prod,"All of it. You're not to decide what's valuable information, I am. Keep that in mind when wondering whether to skip a detail."

"To be honest, there's not much to be said...", you admitted,"I haven't trained it all that well. I can manipulate my consciousness into the past. It's why you can't hurt me. Solid as I am, my real body's sleeping a thousand years away. Ironically, you seem to know about it more than me."

Sukuna took in every word. He raised an eyebrow,"Explain."

"I wish I could. All I can say is my era's Sukuna somehow knew I could do that", you nudged towards the guard. Just then did you take notice of Uraume. The King wasn't happy with the vague answer. It only left him with more questions.

"Did I not warn you against skipping details?", he demanded. You had a hard time focusing on him when staring at the corpse you forced into decay. Again, it's not that you were guilty, but who wouldn't be disturbed by a gooey body they caused?