05 ♡ Beneficence

You had no trouble waking up this time. Hell, you'd barely fallen asleep, dreading the moment when you'd have to tell Yuuji how royally screwed he was thanks to you. He deserved better than those kinds of news. Your guilt was immense as you scanned Yuuji's room.

Strangely, he wasn't in there with you but you recognized his hushed voice on the other side of the slightly ajar door. His panic seeped into the air. Who was he talking to?

You called out gently,"Yuuji?...Satoru?"

The boy's mumbling came to a sharp stop. His head poked in and you caught onto the bead of sweat clinging to the side of his forehead. You spluttered once spotting the rivers of tears and snot freely rolling down his face.

He cupped his own cheek for whatever reason and gave the shakiest smile,"Ms.(Name)! You look so refreshed! Could I interest you in just five more minutes of sleep though?"

You raised an eyebrow,"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!"

A mouth mutated behind his ear and hissed lowly,"Tell her. Otherwise I WILL bite it off."

Yuuji's knees buckled for half a second. The fake smile did nothing against the clear terror in his eyes. He laughed but his airways died halfway through,"Is it true reverse cursed techniques can't heal private parts?"

You totally forgot all your worries and let your mouth fall in astonishment. As motherly you could be, Yuuji was still a fifteen year old boy you'd just met so you smiled sheepishly,"That's a question for your teacher. Where is he?"

"He left to pick up...", he raised his palm and recited a sloppily written,"Ku-gi-sa-ki."

"Okay. Now, what's wrong? The truth this time. You have the same look as my daughter when Satoru threatens to use Black Flash on her."

Yuuji frowned. Amongst the curse's unbelieavable ask and your expecting gaze, he didn't know where to begin.

"It's Sukuna", he started uncomfortably,"He already told me you were jailed."

Your eyes flicked to the normally closed slits on Yuuji's face in surprise. They were open, crimson orbs watching you closely and having now met the curse's real form, you found it hard to look away. An epiphany hit you.

This Sukuna already knows everything I do in his time.

Another thought hit you and your guilt found its way back,"Is that why you were crying? Because I messed up your chances?"

"What? No!", he rushed when noticing your mood fall,"I was crying because Sukuna was threatening me! He's been trying to force me into a pact since you left and he's not past playing dirty..."

You crossed your arms,"Let me guess. He promises not to kill you if you let him free. Absolutely not."

"Worse", he grimaced,"He promised to help us if I let him talk with you."

The offer was so unexpected it took you a moment to process it and you stayed rooted to your spot. Yuuji nodded,"Exactly! That's not like Sukuna! He probably wants to hurt you so you can't stop him but I know better. He can threaten my...manhood all he wants, I'm not letting him touch you."

A scowling mouth grew onto the boy's cheek,"Are you stupid?! That's what the damn pact is for, brat! I'll die with no means of resurrection if I so much as prick her. It's either my help or my permanent death. What the hell do you have to lose?"

You jumped at the new voice. Aside from the fact you'd never heard Sukuna talk from Yuuji's body, he sounded so forceful about helping that to your own amazement, you believed him.