Chapter 10 - Six Days

You hear a whistling overhead

Are you alive or are you dead?

It's only Thursday.

You feel the shaking of the ground,

a million candles burn around

is it your birthday?

Tomorrow never comes until it's too late.

☽◯☾

Stiles couldn't say she was surprised by the nightmares that plagued her; of red eyes that turned neon blue, of seeing them on her own face, nor about the dream of how she tore into the driver, that turned into Isaac, then her dad, then Scott, then Allison, then her real self, then-

She woke up in a gasp, nearly striking with her claws out before she met her father's worried blue eyes.

"Whoah, kid- Are you ok?" Her eyes snapped to the empty chair before looking around in search of the older werewolf, fingers tightening on the sheets under her as she focused on her hearing, searching for the Alpha stalking her home and only relaxing when the Sheriff squeezed her shoulder. "Stiles?"

The girl took a deep breath, blinking away the panic and trying to hold it together for a moment. It was all she needed, just one moment until she could try to understand all that had happened the night before.

"S-Sorry, did you need something?" She released her grip on the sheets, rubbing her face nervously and trying not to look around again, swallowing the lump lodged in her throat.

Her father frowned, sharp worried eyes roving over her, "Are you ok?" He repeated, carefully sitting on the edge of the bed, frowning at the jumpy state of his daughter. "Talk to me kid, did something happen?"

Her bottom lip wobbled, eyes filling with tears and chest shaking as she took in shuddering breaths, nearly hiccuping. "D-dad-"

"Oh, princess." The Sheriff pulled her to his chest, rubbing her back in a deeply familiar way, one that she might not remember, but that her very soul knew. Her heart couldn't forget. "What's wrong? Talk to me."