3. A visitor

Today was a big day for the Swift family of two. Taylor finally gets to see her boyfriend of 8 months and Adeline, her daughter, gets to meet him for the first time. Adi has met him multiple times on face time and adored him. She's always asking when he's going to have a play date with her, and Taylor hasn't seen the football player in almost 2 months. Today is finally the day.

  Travis will be here around 10 and they get to spend the whole day with Adi. Travis and Taylor have a reservation for dinner at 8:45. They will put Adi to bed around 8. Selena and her boyfriend will be over at 8:15. Travis is staying the night for a few days, and Taylor physically could not be more excited. Travis, however, is nervous. He's scared the three year old won't like him which seems irrational to Taylor. She knows that Adi already loves him. She's not used to having a guy around. Joe wanted nothing to do with a baby; he begged Taylor to get an abortion. Obviously, Taylor refused causing their relationship to be very rocky. When she was born, Joe stayed around for about a year, but they broke up shortly after the girls first birthday. Joe gets some visitation rights, of course. She wanted her daughter to know of her father. Adi is well aware that her father wasn't a good dad, and she is as open with her feelings about that to Taylor as a three year old can be.

    It's 8:30 and Adeline is in her pjs giggling at her mother while they sit on the couch reading their morning story. It's something they do every morning and evening. They read Pinkalicous last night, so they obviously have to read Purplelicous this morning.

   "The end." Taylor says, closing the book.

   "Mommy!" The girl says brushing her messy, blonde hair out of her face, "dats such a silly story."

   "It is isn't it?" Taylor replies. Adeline nods.

   "Are you hungry, sweet girl?"

   "Not yet mommy," she says.

  Taylor has learned not to make the girl eat breakfast when she wakes up because she is not hungry yet and she will eat when she is.

  "Okay then, let's go get dressed and ready, yeah?" Taylor says trying to enthuse the girl.

  "I play wif my toys" The girl whines.

  "Please, Adi."

The young girl nods with a small frown on her face.

   "Thank you baby. We can play with your toys together after we get ready and eat."

Adi nods excitedly. They go up to Adi's room where they pick out her clothes together. They decide on a pink Ralph Lauren jump suit with her pink Nike tennis shoes. Adeline is a fashionista for sure. A diva, some would say. Adi is obsessed with clothes at the ripe age of 3.

"Mommy?"

"Yeah princess?"

"Bunnies today?" She asks her mom.

"You want bunnies?" Taylor asks the blue eyed girl looking up at her.

   "Yeah!" Adi, in her cute outfit runs to her bathroom, and Taylor follows quickly after.

   "Alright. Up." The girl raises her arms and Taylor lifts her up, placing her feet in the sink so that she can fix the toddlers hair.

When they finish, Adi helps pick out her mother's outfit. Taylor gets dressed and fixes her hair and makeup. All while hearing the blabbers of a three year old. It's now 9:30 and Taylor fixes the girl breakfast.

  "Hey Adi," Taylor says causing the girl to look up from her French toast.

   "Do you remember how last week I said that we were going to have a visitor?"