5. Mine

"I'm not mad at you Taylor." He says tucking his shirt into his tuxedo pants while standing in their huge closet.

  "You're not not mad at me." She replies with attitude as she looks in the mirror putting her earrings on.

"I'm not mad at you." He says again, wrapping his tie around his neck.

"You haven't talked to me in three weeks, Trav." She says, watching him struggle behind her in the mirror.

"I have too." He defends in a whiny voice, huffing at his inability to tie his own tie.

"Fucking me does not count," she says, turning around to face him. "Come here."

  They do this thing. When they fight, they take their anger out on each other in bed. Usually it helps with the talking part. But they haven't gotten around to that yet. If they aren't working, eating, or talking to their friends about each other, they're fucking.

  She pulls the tie, pulling him closer. "Just, try and fake love me tonight, okay."

  "I real love you, T."

She shoots him a fake smile as she finishes up the tie, straightening it out. She turns around to walk away.

  "Hey." He mumbles, grabbing her hips. He pulls her back to him. He kisses her hair, then her shoulder. She's looking into his eyes through the mirror.

  "You look beautiful." He says, and it makes her smile. A small smile, but a smile nonetheless.

She was wearing a long, silk, emerald green dress. She was wearing gold heels with gold jewelry and the necklace he bought her.

  "There's my girl." He whispers, "Were gonna work it out, okay?"

She half nods, still feeling the pang of anxiety in her stomach.

  "I love you." He says, turning her around to face him. Her hands land naturally on his biceps.

  "Love you," she whispers, wrapping her arms around him, shoving her face in his neck.

"It's time to go, honey."

She nods, lifting her face from his neck, tears in her eyes. He immediately kisses her lips, which she moans a little. She hasn't felt that kind of kiss in a while.

-

They walk in and walk the red carpet together. It's their 4th time doing so, and she actually almost enjoys it. He makes her feel safe while, by herself, she feels vulnerable. She knows that even when they're fighting, he will always protect her.

  He hold her waist tight. She smile a half genuine smile, and his is faked. They've learned how to fake smile. Taylor has more than anyone.

He leans down to her ear, "You're the star, Tay." She smiles up at him, letting the cameras take the picture. They look good together. They might not function like it right now, but she truly believes that they're soulmates. They rarely fight. Which is why they're not so good at talking it out.

They get off of the red carpet, and his hand drops from her waist. She panics at the lack of physical touch. She grabs his arm, digging her nails into the bicep of his tuxedo jacket.

"Sorry," he whispers. She doesn't reply, just lets her right hand drop to hold his hand while her left stays gripped on his arm.

"Mr. Kelce, Ms. Swift, right this way." The man points them to their seat. While their seats can't change, they're allowed to mingle until the show starts. Many of Taylor's friends are there. It's the Oscars, of course she knows almost everyone.