4. Fight

Travis got home from practice and told me that he was going to hang out with the guys. He seemed really really off with an attitude. I just took it with a grain of salt. I thought he was going out to calm down from whatever is bothering him. He told me he'd be home around 9. I fell asleep waiting on him 2 hours ago. It's 12:30 am now and he's not back.

I panic slightly and call him. But, unsurprisingly, he doesn't answer. So I call him again. Straight to voicemail. I feel the familiar feeling of anxiety. I leave him a voicemail.

Are you okay Trav? Where are you? I'm worried. I'm panicking. Please call me. I'm sorry if I upset you. I shouldn't have asked questions. Please come home. I love you.

I text him a few times after. But I'm pacing holding Benji who could tell I was anxious when I hear the door open. I quickly walk to the kitchen where I hear his footsteps.

  "Are you okay?"

  "I'm great, Taylor." He says, I can feel the anger radiating off of him. Usually I wouldn't press him. But he needs to be pressed. He can't just do that.

   "Why didn't you answer my calls? I thought you were hurt or something."

   "I don't get hurt. I was on my way home, didn't need to answer."

   "Trav, what's wrong with you?"

   "Nothing, Taylor. Bad day at practice." He grabs a beer from the fridge. I frown because he's never like this. He's usually the rock when I act like this. I try to stay calm like he would to me.

   "Okay, then. Do you want to talk about it?" He brushes past me.

  "No."

   I could smell the liquor on him and some one else's perfume. I audibly chuckle and follow him to the couch.

   "What's funny Taylor?"

   "Nothing, actually. Rose perfume?"

   "Sorry?"

  "I'm not fucking stupid, Travis. Who were you with?"

"The guys."

"What guy wears rose perfume?"

  "None of them Taylor."

  I shake my head, "Who'd you sleep with?"

  "No one."

  "Trav, I'm not dealing with this again. I can't. I- I Can't. Not after what Joe did."

  "IM NOT JOE GOD DAMN IT!" He screams, pelting his beer bottle across the room. It hit a wall and it shattered.

  I flinch and my heart starts pounding in my chest.

"YOU DONT GET TO SIT THERE AND ACCUSE THE ONLY MAN THAT HAS EVER LOVED YOU LIKE YOU DESERVED TO BE LOVED OF CHEATING ON YOU!" He says, calmer than last time, but still screaming. I take a few steps back as he walks towards me. He won't hurt me. I know he won't.

"Then why do you smell like rose perfume?" I whisper.

"Brit sat beside me all night." He told me before turning and sitting back on the couch.

His story does check out. That is what Brittany uses.

  "Pat was there?"

He nods. Holding his head in his hands.

  "Okay." I mumble.

I stare at him there for a moment, still partly in shock at the broken glass on the ground across the room.

  "Clean that up. I'm going to bed." I say and walk towards the stairs, "Don't follow me until you've figured your shit out."