Chapter 3: 10 leches ice cream cake

I was sitting on the purple couch, with my phone in one hand and a glass of soda in the other, while Jasper 'massaged' my shoulders.

"A month?" Jasper asked.

"A month," I answered calmly.

"Is it necessary? You just went to Junk N' Stuff, nothing out of the ordinary."

I raised my eyebrows and sat up a little so I could look Jasper in the eye.

"Thanks to you my back hurts, because Schwoz fell from the ceiling." I answered 'annoyed', I really wasn't, but it was better to make him believe that, he just looked at me scared "You owe me. So, one month."

Jasper grunted and continued massaging my shoulders.

Okay, this is what happened, my dear friend literally made me take a trip to Junk N' Stuff for nothing, just to get a gift he forgot there. He didn't care, and bought another one, meanwhile I was being crushed by a foreign genius who fell from the roof at that store. In order not to kill my friend Jasper, Charlotte helped us solve that, we reached an agreement where he would have to help me with whatever I wanted for a month, easy and simple.

Although, now that I think about it, that's very cruel.

"Is Schwoz heavy?" Henry asked, bothering me.

I looked at him badly. "Yep, and a lot," I answered, laughing.

We all laughed at my words. Henry opened his mouth to say something, but he was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. Jake came in through this one, with a box in his hands and scratches on his face... the raccoon, of course!

"Hey! I'm back," he announced happily, "I have the cake and I haven't got rabbies."

"Good!".

"Woooo."

"Amazing!".

"Who cares" that last one was Piper.

Jake walked into the living room still holding the cake box in his hands. For some reason he had a big smile on his face, and we could tell he was excited.

"Why do you have scratches on your face?" Henry asked, intrigued.

"It was because of the raccoon, genius," I answered obviously.

"No, Kai, these scratches weren't from the raccoon," Jake said, smiling.

"So what was it?"

We all turned to look at each other confused, and even more so due to the fact that just at that moment Jake turned to see Kris in dismay.

"The angry mom at the Mexican cake store" he answered, taking the lid of the box.

" 'Uno Dos Cakes'?" I asked, standing up from the couch and approaching them.

"Correcto Mundo!," he replied, smiling. "I had to fight a bunch of people to get the very last 10 leches ice cream cake."

After finishing his sentence, Jake lifted the cake box, revealing clearly a large white cake with blue details, which to the top had other decorations that made it look more delicious.

I'm not going to lie, I started savoring that cake as soon as it was put on display.

"10 leches" said Kris, a little enthralled with the cake.

"Wow!" Jasper and I exclaimed.

"10 leches? In one cake?" Piper continued in the same way.

"That's so many leches!" Henry finished.

Jake placed the cake on the living room table, and carefully removed it from the box, soon the room began to fill with murmurs about the cake.

"Alright, alright, alright–Henry spoke, "let's stop ad-libbing excitement and eat this cake before it melts!"

"I'll go get the candle," Kris said.

"Okay, mom."

We walked to the kitchen counter, where the cake was placed on the table. Henry positioned himself in the middle of us, with me on the right side of him, as always for the last 2 years, and with everyone else around him.

"Wait, there's really a raccoon here?" Charlotte asked from the refrigerator.

"Yep," I replied. "Don't bother him."

"It can't be possible that... AHHHHHH!"

As expected, the raccoon grabbed Charlotte by one of her curlers and began to move her from side to side.

"You made him angry, I told you."

"Charlotte, stop teasing the raccoon," Kris said as she lit the candle.

I let out a small laugh and looked at the cake.

"What are you laughing at?" Henry asked, amused.

"Nothing," I answered. "Well, Charlotte, but it's more because I'm happy."

"Happy?".

"Yes, silly, there's a 10 leches cake in front of me," we both laugh. "Besides, it's your birthday, and I always get happy on birthdays."

"More in mine."

I raised my eyebrows, "You wish."

We were silent for a few seconds, standing there, in front of the cake, while Jake tried to find the camera app, obviously his little daughter got desperate and she ended up helping him.

"Alright!" He celebrated, "Turns out it was an app called 'camera'."

"Come on," Kris spoke, "now let's all start singing 'Happy Birthday' to Henry."

And like a school choir, we all started singing the happy birthday song.

"Happy Birthday to...!".

We would have continued singing, if Henry's watch hadn't interrupted us... oh no, emergency.