Chapter 4: Emergency Alert

BEEP* BEEP*

BEEP* BEEP*

The clock rang and rang. I gave Henry a worried look, as did my other two friends who knew the secret, the good news was that there were only two BEEPS, that meant not so important emergency, just like a robbery or something... okay, that's urgent.

Henry, Jasper, Charlotte and I were nervous, but apparently Henry and Piper's parents didn't seem to mind the sound of the clock as they continued singing. Obviously they didn't care, they don't know anything about the secret.

"Okay, yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. Hold on, hold on" Henry said as he walked backwards towards the door.

"Hold on for what?" Piper questioned.

"What's wrong with you?" Kris asked.

"Why are you walking backwards?" Jake asked this time.

"Ah, where am I going?..." Henry opened his mouth to answer, but by the look on his face I could tell that he couldn't think of anything. "...ah, I always wanted a surprise party." Really? "So, uh, you know... I'm gonna-gonna go outside... for a while... and then I'm gonna come back inside, and uh, then you guys are gonna yell 'surprise', OK?".

"That's a great idea," Jake answered. "I have the perfect place to hide."

"Yeah" Henry was very nervous, he always made me laugh how he sounded when he was nervous.

My friend walked to the door, grabbed the knob, but paused for a few seconds. He slowly turned to us and walked steadily to the bar.

"You're coming with me," he said as he took my arm and made me walk to the door.

"But it's not her birthday" Jasper exclaimed.

"Ah, doesn't matter".

We went through Henry's door to get to his porch, there we made sure that there was no one around us, and then Henry opened his watch revealing Ray in a hologram.

"What's up, Ray?" my friend asked.

"Henry! There's blood everywhere!" Ray yelled worriedly.

"Blood?" I asked in the same way.

"Oh my God!" Henry continued.

"At the blood bank," Ray laughed at our expressions and put his hands on his hips, ". What's up, Kai?"

I crossed my arms and put a hand on my face rubbing it, it can't be possible.

"Very funny" Henry replied sarcastically.

"The blood bank?"

"Yeah, you know, the place where they keep blood for people who get hurt or need surgery, things that I will never need, cause I'm Captain Man." He paused and put his tongue on his teeth ". And I'm indestructible."

"So what's the emergency?"

Ray snapped his fingers "Right, there's a robbery at the blood bank, we have to go right away, I'll see you there."

I raised my eyebrows and made a grimace with my mouth.

"Ray" I spoke, "let me remind you, today is an important day, it's Henry's birthday."

"It's true, it's my birthday," Henry completed enthusiastically. "Do you think I can take the day off?"

I heard Ray let out a sigh and put her hands on his hips again. He looked so diva doing that pose.

"Henry, crime doesn't take days off," Ray said in a tone that he didn't believe. "Nor do superheroes or their sidekicks."

"Last month you took 4 days to 'ride every roller coaster in Texas' " I answered, making quotes on my hands.

"There were 5," he corrected proudly, "and none of those were my birthday."

I looked at Henry and he had a look of annoyance that could be seen for miles, he didn't want to go to the blood bank, it was obvious and I don't blame him, if I were the partner of a superhero and I had to work on my birthday, I wouldn't want to go either. , but apparently Ray doesn't... you know, cares.

"Come on Ray," he begged.

"Do you know who else is celebrating their birthday? It's called crime and the birthday party is at the blood bank" he paused and took out the tube with the gum. "And you and I are invited and it's BYO fits, so, will I see you there? Ask Kai to makeup some excuse."

Henry snorted and without further ado, slammed the watch shut, then took out the gum, opened the tube, took one out, and put it in his mouth.

"Can you cover me?" he asked he be angry.

"You know I will" I smiled.

"Still, I'll tell Jasper and Charlotte to do it too."

"Sounds good".

He stood on the side of the porch where no one could see him, whether inside the house or the street, and as expected, after blowing the bubble, he appeared in his Kid Danger costume.

"Don't eat cake without me."

"Nope... I don't promise you we will."

Henry smiled at me to which I returned the gesture, and then ran down the sidewalk, to perform his duties as Kid Danger.