Part 2

Justin

I am walking towards my car when the rain starts pouring more and more. My face hurts, my back hurts, and my entire body hurts. I look up and see my car at the parking of the drug store which was the only place where I could park my car before I went up to meet with Anna. The thunders are really starting to get louder and I see the transmission wire burst and the power goes off for the whole neighborhood. As I neared my car I lost my balance and fell . My knees hit the ground and I let out a pained grunt "Uh... Fuck!". I try to get up after few minutes gaining control that's when I hear a small voice from behind me saying "Are you okay?".

I look up and see a girl with a big orange umbrella. Even with the umbrella she is as drenched as I am in the rain. I quickly get up without turning over and say "Yes" and try to reach my car's door. I get inside and close the door and try to start the car. I can see from the sidemirror that the girl has not yet moved from the place where she was standing. Not thinking anything further I turn the key, my car makes an attempt to start but it doesn't. I try again no luck, the battery must have died, "Shit" I grunt as I slam my hand against the steering wheel thinking could this day get any worse.

I hear a faint knock on my window, I look up and see that the girl with the umbrella is at my side. Sighing I roll down the window and ask her in an irritated voice "What do you want?". It is really what they say pitch black outside and I can't see even an inch of her face. I can only make out that she has somewhat long hair, she is small in size and she is very close to the annoying me. There is another strike of lightning and that's when I see her face .She has a round face with big brown eyes, a straight nose, and full pink lips which are trembling now because she is cold from the rain. I give her a glare ,which makes her uncomfortable and she quickly looks down at her feet. All I could I think is she is not from around here. She opens her mouth finally after a few seconds, still looking at her feet at her feet and says quickly, "Are you really okay?" I get more irritated now as I say, "I am just fine. How many times should I have to tell you the same thing? And what do you care?".
As I expected she is taken aback by my tone "It's really raining heavily and I saw you fall down. I thought you were injured or not well. That's why I came out of the drugstore thinking you might need help!".
I look at her lips now which form a small pout as I can clearly see I have got her irritated, it almost looks cute, I quickly reprimand myself saying I shouldn't be thinking these things of a girl when I just broke up with Anna before an hour.

The anger returns again to my mind as I rudely say "Well clearly as I have mentioned the last two times, I AM FINE.. Please leave me alone!" and close the window again.

Emma

"What?", I say in disbelief. Who does this guy think he is? I came out of the store with the only intention of helping him. I couldn't even see his face because of the darkness and rain until he was in his car and then there was a lightning again. That stupid lightning! That was when I looked at him clearly for the first time. He was very ,I mean very good looking eventhough he had a few scratches in his face. He had dark hair, green eyes and a bleeding lip. What made his face more interesting to me was his piercing, he had an eyebrow piercing. My mom would never even let me get my ears pierced. Never in my 17 years have I seen anyone who can carry this look off. I blinked a few times gathering my thoughts. Keeping his heavenly good looks aside, the guy was a complete jerk. I was in this freezing rain completely wet trying to help him, holding a stupid umbrella which I have seen in many cartoons acts as a lightning arrestor! And he rolls the window in my face!
No. I was not going to let him brush me off like this. Before I can think I am knocking at his window again.

He rolls his window down again shouts "What is your problem? Don't you get that I want to be alone! I don't care what you want from me. Stop annoying the hell out of me and leave!".
I just stare at him in shock and quickly say in a loud tone, "Look, I saw you fall down and came out to help . You can come in the store if you want or stay out here get pneumonia for all I care! cause it looks to me you certainly dont need my help !" I quickly turn around and start walking thinking why the hell did I have to come out of the store and help this idiot who clearly doesn't want any help. That's because you are stupid Emma and try to help everyone. My mind answers me in a heartbeat.

I huff and walk fast towards the store when a sudden gush of wind blows the umbrella from my hand and takes it flying across the parking lot. "Ughh!", I grunt as I try to go behind the flying umbrella and catch it but the wind seems to take it further away from me. Great!

Justin

As soon as she completed her little angry speech, I saw her stomp away towards the store. I felt like a complete ass for behaving rudely to her but I really just wanted to be alone. I lean on the steering wheel for a few seconds and feel my head, back, and arm starting to ache again. I consider going into the drugstore to at least get a few aspirins which might reduce the pain. I look up at the rearview mirror again to see that girl, the adamant little one running around the parking lot.

"What the hell is she doing?", I say to myself. Then I see that ugly orange umbrella flying around the parking lot because of the wind. I can't help but laugh as I see her running across trying to catch that stupid thing. Wow, did I just laugh after the horrible day I had, thinking to myself, I get out to help her and take her up on the offer to go inside the drugstore till the rain subsides.

I get out of the car and walk towards her. Funnily she is still trying to catch the umbrella which flies above her head and towards me. I catch it with no effort as I can now see I am much taller than her. She must be around 5'1 in height I guess which is considerably smaller to me as I am above 6'2.

"I got it", I say and walk towards her and hand it over. She takes it from my hand and says "Thank you.. I am going to go in now.." she says turning towards the store unsure about what to do next.

"Okay I'm gonna go back to my car", I say .Another round of thunder erupts and I see her jump a little. I smile a little looking at her. I am caught off guard as she turns back again looking towards me saying "The storm looks like it is getting worse.." she says. "Yes. I can see that", I say cockily. She rolls her eyes at me and says , "Suit yourself!" and starts walking . "Okay, I'll come in, I need some Aspirin anyway" I say. She just turns and nods her head as I walk behind her heading towards the store.

We enter into the store and I find it empty except for an old woman whom I think is the lady who owns the store. She looks old almost well into her 70's and she rushes towards us with what I think are towels. She hands both over to the girl and says "My dear, it is an awful storm outside. I told you not to go outside, it is dangerous!". The girl shrugs and says "I know".

The old lady looks at her and me and says, "The power's gone but I have a backup which can light a few bulbs and the heater, let me switch that on" and hurries to the back of the store. The girl says, "Thank you". I just stare at both of them in the dark and don't say another word as I take a seat on the floor beside the aisle of junk food. I wince in pain as I remove my jacket and keep it on the floor. The girl seems to be standing far away and she quickly turns away facing the other side when I saw her looking at me.

The generator started with a loud sound and a few lights came on. She looks up at the lights and then turns back again to look at me. I also take the opportunity of the lights to have a look at this girl. She is wearing white night pants, a blue t-shirt, and an ugly pink sweatshirt all of which is sticking to her body as she is drenched, she is clearly not wearing any makeup because if she had it would have definitely come off in this rain. I must admit that she is really pretty, her face is a bright tone of red as she blushes noticing me checking her out. Her mouth forms a small 'O' out of shock when she sees me in the light.