Part 3

Justin

"I am fine. It was not an accident. I just had a misunderstanding with some guys and got into a stupid fight." I look at her and find that she looks like she is almost about to pass out from just looking at me. I didn't look that awful, did I? "It's okay, really. I just need to go home; I don't need a doctor. I am fine, I say, softer this time, like assuring her. The old lady walks in and almost screams while looking at me. I mentally slap myself for taking my jacket off.

"I am fine, mam. I just fell down on the way over here. Just a cut or two, nothing to worry about," I say to the older woman, who now looks at me sympathetically and looks at the girl. I look at the girl beside me and think, Why the hell didn't I say the same to her? She looks up at me, and I secretly pray that she won't say anything about the fight to the old lady. She looks at the old lady and just nods. The old lady announces that she has a first aid kit in the storeroom and leaves to get it. I try to shift my weight, but I end up groaning as the pain hits me again. The girl notices the pain and tries to help me. As soon as my back hits the wall, I feel more pain and yell, "Shit. Fuck that hurts!". "Oh. I'm sorry," she says quickly, moving me away from the wall.

Emma

I can see he is trying to brush this off as nothing serious, but I can also see that he is in a lot of pain. As I move him away from the wall, I make him sit without leaning on anything. "Can I have a look?" I say. He looks at me with a little amusement and a small grin. I immediately understood what he might think and quickly said, "No, it looks like you have hurt your back pretty badly."I wanted to see how bad it is so that I can help you when Maria comes back with the first aid kit." He just smiles more now, like a full smile, and looks up to me while trying to remove his t-shirt and says, "What is it with you and helping people anyway?".

I simply say, "You're hurt, and I just want to help. It's what anyone would do if they were in my place," and reach out to help him out of his shirt. As I had thought, I could see two glass pieces still stuck in his shoulder.

"Umm.. you have two glass shreds still in your shoulder; we would need to take that out and put some stitches, I guess. I really think you need to go to a doctor."

He looks at me angrily and says, "No, I can't go to the doctor. I fell out of a freaking window after a fight. Don't you think if I go to the doctor, they will want to know how it happened? Hell, I might even end up in jail for the night."

"Okay, fine, but I still think you might need stitches," I say, rolling my eyes as I get up and head overlooking Maria, wondering why she is taking so long trying to be unaffected by his tone. This boy is seriously not willing to be helped. "I don't need them," he shouts behind me. As I walk back, I can feel him looking at me, but I don't turn and walk straight towards the storeroom. Upon entering the room, I find Maria trying to reach the top shelf. I hurry to her and help take the box down. I find Maria to be a really sweet woman. She smiles at me and says, "That boy is a whole lot of trouble; I can tell from the look of him, but he is also extremely handsome, I must say. You both will look good together." I blush at her words and say, "No, I don't think so, Maria. I don't even know him, and he doesn't seem to be my type." She laughs, "They never are our type... they never are," and starts walking out of the room towards him. I also laughed behind her, not giving too much thought to what she had just said.

I follow her and see her sit down beside him and take a look at his cuts. She says, "We need to take the glass pieces out and put a few stitches in them, or the wound might get infected." As soon as she says this, he looks up at me, and I smirk. Ha, take that! Mr. I know it all. It looks like I was right, and you do need stitches!. I immediately regret saying that as Maria opens the first aid box and grabs a pair of tweezers. Was she serious?