Chapter Two

In a world millions of lightyears away from Earth

In a world millions of lightyears away from Earth... that's where I'll be going. It's a world with limited technology, so it's nothing like modern day Earth. They're basically stuck in the Victorian era. As someone who has come from an advanced world, I do wonder how hard it'll be to live where no phones exist, nor television, nor pants for women. That's not the only difference by any means. This new planet I'll be going to is one where magic exists. Supposedly, it's one of the leading advancements in that world.

"What's the name of the planet?" I ask, wondering if that will be another difference. "And will I have to start all the way from zero? Like a baby?"

God leans against the big tree behind us. They take a deep breath before shaking their head. "Well... I have plans in mind, but seeing as you're one of my blessed creations, what would you prefer?"

I feel somewhat touched by the question. It feels nice to get a choice in my next life. Though I probably would have liked to be born in my own world again as it's a place I already know. But I suppose starting somewhere new isn't a bad thing. If I have to choose...

"I'd rather have a consciousness if possible." I look up at the unmoving sky. "So even if I have to grow up from a baby to an adult, I don't want to be aware that I've been reincarnated until I'm able to make decisions for myself."

"Oh." God nods. "In other words, you want to skip the diaper phase."

"If possible."

The smile the celestial being gives me is somewhat terrifying. I feel like my fate has actually become harder... or rather I just don't know what to expect. Essentially, my luck as Morgan Slate ran out once I died, so it's wholly possible that this new person I'll become is just a regular being. If that's the case, I can already see a lot of hard work ahead of me.

I stay in place as the being next to me pulls out a device from thin air. It looks like a phone and I become fully convinced as they begin to type on it. They move at the speed of light on the device while I sit and contemplate if this is the right choice or not. My stomach clenches as I become more and more nervous.

Closing my eyes, I think back to my life before. Is my mom okay after having to bury her only child? I never got the chance to even make a will, but now I wish I had taken that advice and done so early on. I just hope none of my money will go to that son of a bitch Jameson.

"Okay!" God claps, effectively pulling me out of my complicated thoughts. The phone disappears as they look over at me and smiles. "I hope you'll also enjoy this next life. You're to become a person named Chrysanthy Torbum."

"Oh?"

"Currently, she's the empress of the kingdom Torbum. She's also the daughter of a duke, so that does make her a very powerful being. And before I forget, she's also-"

"Wait! This person already has a life?" I ask, accidentally cutting God off. "I thought I would be reincarnated, but this is a little more..."

God sighs almost as if they didn't want to tell me this part. "Yes, I'll be giving you an established life."