Chapter Five

Find the route to the main palace

Find the route to the main palace. Storm into the main palace like a raging bull. Ignore the blasphemous looks the workers will give me.

Find my husband's study. Storm into my husband's study like a raging bull. Demand respect.

That's the plan I so carefully concocted. I had steeled my heart for anything destined to come my way. The only downside is that I have no idea which way to take to get to the main palace. The original Chrysanthy has only been there a handful of times. One time consisted of a debut ball in which she had gotten into the main palace by the front entrance because she still lived at home. Another time was when the crown prince had his coronation, again, she entered through the main entrance. The last couple of times she went was either to spend a night with her husband or to celebrate their anniversary with yet another ball.

Each and every time, Chrysanthy failed to pay attention to the path leading to the main palace. So now I'm standing in the middle of a random ass walkway which only seems to lead to a garden and a gazebo that I can see in the far distance.

"Oh well," I mumble to myself as I continue down the path. Drops of sweat bead up on my forehead. The sun isn't even harsh today but with extra weight on this skinny body, a walk is just as taxing as exercising for a nonpregnant human.

Pressing my hand to my lower back for extra support, I continue down the path of stepping stones embedded into dirt. Vibrant green grass seems to go on for miles. Patches of flowers sit scattered and surrounded by brick borders. It makes me wonder if flowers were something Chrysanthy originally liked or if they grew on her because of this place.

When I finally make it to the gazebo, I settle down in a cushioned metal chair with a huff. The seat is uncomfortable and definitely not meant for a heavily pregnant woman. It's only something I'll have to change once I receive proper authority. Once I do, a lot of things will change around here.

Being able to just sit and breathe in the fresh air is nice. The sky is blue and the clouds are white with no signs of rain coming. In this beautiful garden, I see a butterfly here and there, or a bee buzzing around. Settling my hands on my stomach, I relish the peace. In my past life, I don't think I've ever actually had a moment to sit and breathe. I was always working towards something and I can't believe it's taken me this long to realize that.

Not even realizing I've dozed off, clicking against the stones wakes me up. Opening my eyes, I feel a lot drowsier than I would've expected with just a short nap. I look over to see a couple walking along the path. As they head towards me, I tense up, my body reacting naturally.

Standing to my feet, I pace around for a moment. They don't seem to notice me doing so as they stare at each other and talk amongst themselves. High pitched giggles and a deep laugh fills my ears as they close in on the gazebo. My natural reaction is to roll my eyes which I can't hold back. Honestly, it doesn't take me long to piece together who these two are.