Chapter 1: Home

Disclaimer: This is for mature audiences only. Contains messages of underaged drinking, abuse, and mental health.

✾✾✾

The light beaming from the window made you wince slightly as you awoken from your slumber. Fluttering your eyes a few times, you slowly sat up and reached for your phone to check the time.

11:05am.

Shit, you thought. I guess I slept in.

You let out a small yawn as you stretched out your arms and legs. Hoisting your legs over your bed, you plopped down into a comfy pair of slippers and made your way to an empty kitchen. You look around for a few moments to finally understand that your father still wasn't around.

Be back soon.

From, Dad

You read on a sticky note posted on the refrigerator. Shrugging your shoulders, you opened the fridge and took a gander before realizing there was absolutely nothing in there. Unless you counted the expired jar of olives sitting in the far back along with a few cans of beer.

The sticky note had been there for a total of three days now. It was beginning to lose its stickiness and its corners were slowly peeling off. At this point, you didn't care as much anymore. He pulled shit like this all the time.

The one promise he made was that he would make it to your regional championship game on Saturday.

Your eyes widened in realization that today was Saturday.

Crap!

Quickly, you scarfed down a granola bar you found in your backpack and got changed into your soccer jersey. You picked up the phone just in time for your friend to pick you up on the way to the stadium.

"(Y/n), you look like hell." Your friend (F/n) joked.

You smiled lightly and sighed. "I almost forgot today was Saturday. But, I'm here, aren't I?"

On the way to the stadium, the two of you played your favorite music and talked about how you dreaded going to school next week due to exams. Your Junior year was coming to an end, and you were already stressing about college. But, college didn't even seem feasible to you at this point.

After a little while the two of you made it to the stadium. It was much larger than anything you had played in before, but this was regionals after all.

"Alright, girls! We worked hard for this championship game. Show them how tough you are!" Your coach bellowed with a grin plastered on her face.

You and the rest of your team got into formation. After fist bumping with (F/n), you glanced out into the stands. Scanning the entire seating area, you couldn't seem to find your dad.

Typical, you thought.

You pushed the feeling of disappointment behind and focused on the game. You were used to this feeling, after all.

✾✾✾

"We did it! (Y/n), we're going to states!" (F/n) engulfed you into a bone-crushing hug. You squeezed her back and cried out with joy, almost completely forgetting your father's negligence.

You and the rest of the team drove back to a teammate's house to celebrate. Her house was always the designated party area, and this was the perfect time for one.

And quite honestly, you needed it.

"I still can't believe your parents let us drink," (F/n) gushed to your teammate.

She grinned back. "I know, so cool right?"

You mentally rolled your eyes at her reply and took a sip of your drink. (F/n) noticed and nudged your side, smiling lightly.

"Loosen up and have some fun. Forget about your dad. Tonight will be fun!" She said to you while tipping the bottom of your drink to pour it in your mouth.

You laughed and shoved the can away from your lips. "Quit it, (F/n)!"

The night went on to be one of the best celebrations. After a little while, you began to really feel the affects of the alcohol so you took a break outside for a quick breather. You grabbed your duffle bag to use it as a pillow as you laid outside.

I wonder if the stars I'm looking at right now, are the same ones my mom are seeing, you thought. Where are you?

I want to be where you are, mom.

You began to doze off, and suddenly, you were getting the spins. But these weren't typical drunk spins. No, these were different.

Very different.

✾✾✾

"Shut the hell up, you suicidal maniac!" Jean yelled as he reached out and grabbed a fistful of Eren's shirt.

Eren sneered back at him. "You just want the easy life, don't you? To join the MP's and live comfy in the interior? Get the hell out of my face!"

"Why, you bastard-"

"Stop." A cool voice said before getting between the heated argument.

Mikasa grabbed the back of Eren's shirt and dragged him off without saying another word. Jean stood there in complete awe before running back up to them.

"I-I, um, I've never seen someone like you before," he stammered out. "I mean, uh-"

Mikasa simply brushed past Jean, leaving him in a blushing mess. He slowly lowered his arm and looked over at Connie, wiping his hand along his back.

"Hey-! What did you wipe on me!?" Connie yelled out.

"My trust in others."

He continued to barrage Jean with insults, but Jean simply stared out into the abyss gloomily.

Mikasa continued scolding Eren on their way back to the barracks before they heard a loud thump on the ground nearby.

The two thought nothing of it until they heard the screams of two cadets in the same direction, and another loud thumping sound. Mikasa and Eren quickly rushed over to the scene with worry.

There, Ymir was flat on the ground and rubbing her head with someone else on top of her. Krista was anxiously shaking the girl to wake her while Ymir was muttering curses and other vile words.

"Just get her off of me already, Krista! Dammit!"

Krista pulled the girl off of Ymir and laid her on the ground. She lowered her head to check for breathing, then nodded her head.

"What's going on here?" Eren inquired while inching closer to the scene. "Who is that? The hell is she wearing?"

Krista looked back over at Eren and screamed, "go get Shadis! Now!"

Eren nodded slowly and furrowed his brows at Krista's sudden initiative, but ran in the opposite direction to go inform the chief instructor of the sudden infiltration.

✾✾✾

Your eyes leisurely opened to find yourself in a room you did not recognize. You had a booming headache and body chills everywhere. Most likely a mix of a hangover and the hard fall.

"Did I black out?" You mumbled to yourself before sitting up and rubbing your aching head.

The room had sort of an old-time theme to it. Stone walls, wool sheets, and lit candles to brighten the room. Where were you?

Probably some kind of prank your teammates pulled because you blacked out. You rubbed your eyes to unblur your vision, just to find a bald man standing near the doorway.

"So, you're finally awake."

✾✾✾

Hi guys! Here's the first chapter re-done, and hopefully many more will come soon. :)