Chapter 6: Graduation

Another year passed, and it was the end of the training corps. Everyone was celebrating that there would be no more Shadis telling them what to do, no more unnecessary laps at five in the morning, no more bullshit.

"We've finally done it!" Jean exclaimed with joy. It was the final feast before graduation and everyone was cheering in the mess hall. The cooks even brought out meat for the cadets who were graduating after these three long years.

"And we ranked in the top ten together," Marco smiled at the both of you.

You pulled Jean and Marco into a tight hug and sighed in relief. "I'm so happy we made it. You both are very important to me... and now we can be together in the interior after tomorrow."

Marco returned the embrace and Jean sat there stiffly, reeking of awkwardness.

"Yeah, yeah (Y/n)... save the sappiness for when we actually graduate tomorrow," Jean mumbled as his face grew pink.

You laughed at his delicate behavior, then shifted your gaze over to Eren. He was ranting to some poor cadets who didn't rank in the top ten about how they should join him in the Scouts. You frowned at the thought of Eren actually joining the Scouts rather than the Military Police. The latter was the safest option, after all.

"What's wrong?" Marco asked you worriedly. "I thought you were excited for tomorrow."

You returned your attention back to your friends and forced a smile. "Of course I am. Sorry, I've just got a lot on my mind. That's all."

✾✾✾

"Congratulations, cadets!" Shadis yelled to the crowd. "You are now not just the lowest of the low scum anymore, but a step up to private scum!"

"Here, most of you only have two branches to choose from. The Survey Corps, which is the branch most actively involved in titan combat. Next is the Garrison, which protects and maintains order within the walls." Shadis explained.

"Only ten members of the 104th will be allowed entry into the Military Police. Those members, ranked in order, include: Mikasa Ackerman, Reiner Braun, Bertholdt Hoover, Annie Leonhart, Eren Jaeger, Jean Kirstein, Marco Bodt, (Y/n) (L/n), Connie Springer, and Sasha Braus."

After many speeches, the crowd of cadets dispersed. You looked to the right at Marco and gave him a big smile. We did it, you thought.

It became nightfall once more indicating it was time for another feast. Eren was talking about the Scouts again, Jean was blabbering about the food in the interior, and Marco sat there listening to Jean with wonder in his eyes. You shifted your focus back over to Eren and you noticed him quickly slip out of the mess hall.

Your eyebrows raised and you stood up. "I'll be back." Jean and Marco gave you a confused look but went back to their conversation.

"Eren?" You said while peeking your head out the door. There Eren was, sitting alone on the cobblestone staircase outside of the building.

He jolted his head back, and to his surprise, it was you standing in the doorway.

"Surprised you're not with your future MP friends." Eren mumbled playfully. He patted the spot next to him and invited you over with his hands.

You rolled your eyes and sat next to him. "I still can't believe you're joining the Scouts. Why would you pass up the safest option?"

"Because those who join the Military Police are just cowards." Eren replied back dryly. "I want to make something of myself. I don't want to become a washed up MP, working for a corrupt and unjust government. I want to take action."

Your face grew red with embarrassment. "You know, that's not how they all are I'm sure. I'd rather be considered a coward than get eaten by a titan."

Eren frowned at you. "You don't know what it's like, (Y/n). None of the MP's do. And that's not the right mindset to have if you want to survive in this world."

"Yours is much better?!" You exclaimed. "The nickname 'suicidal maniac' didn't just come out of nowhere, you know."

Eren clenched his jaw. He looked down and shook his head. "Have fun in the interior."

"Come with me!" You said to him. "You can still choose, time isn't up just yet. You can be safe in the interior with me and the others."

"I've already made my decision," Eren said softly. "You still have time to make up your mind, too."

Your face paled at the thought of joining the Scouts. Though you've never seen a titan before, you didn't want to have to.

It made you sad that you would eventually split from Eren. His mind was so set on the Scouts, and you had already decided your fate as well.

"I've already made up my mind." You shook your head at him. "It would take a lot of convincing to get me to even consider joining the Scouts."

"I could convince you," Eren smiled cockily. You blushed lightly but rolled your eyes at him.

"Yeah, right."

✾✾✾
"The colossal Titan, it's returned!"

You stood there in complete awe and panic. There before you was the colossal Titan, staring right at you and your comrades. Eren leapt up to strike it, but suddenly it vanished.

"We need to get back to headquarters!"

✾✾✾

Sorry guys I literally have been so busy. I still plan on keeping up with this story, just hang on.

Ily guys!