Chapter 2: The Intruder

"So, you're finally awake." Said the bald man. His eyes were incredibly sunken in and dark, and he had a stern look plastered on his wrinkled face.

You furrowed your brows to try to understand who he was. You understood what he was saying, for some reason, but the language... was different.

You opened your mouth to speak, but no words came out.

The man was clearly agitated by your lack of speaking as he clenched his teeth.

"Got nothing to say after you infiltrate my camp?"

"Settle down, Shadis. She's a kid." Said another man, who was quite shorter than the other one. The short man approached you, but ensured to keep a good amount of distance. You were clearly confused and a bit afraid.

A final man entered the room. He was tall with blonde hair and had a more welcoming look on his face. He approached you as well and extended his hand.

"I am the 13th Commander of the Survey Corps, Erwin Smith." He said calmly. "And you?"

You looked at his hand, then at his face. Your body was completely frozen in place.

What the hell, was all you could think. Was this some dream?

Erwin lowered his hand. "I was notified that there was an infiltration of the training camp. A quite... peculiar arrival, so I've heard."

"She fell out of the damn sky, Erwin." Shadis grunted. "I say we just send her to the fields and work. Don't know why this is such a big deal to bring you and Captain Levi out here."

"I was curious." Erwin replied in a simple manner. "A girl falling from the sky doesn't happen every day."

"I fell out of the sky?" You said softly.

Levi raised a brow. "So she does speak."

Erwin grinned down at you. "Her accent is strange, though. What district are you from?"

"District?"

Levi and Erwin looked at each other with puzzled looks. Shadis on the other hand groaned in annoyance and took a step forward.

"This is going nowhere. Like I said before, the fields seem just fine for her. Doesn't seem like she has much of a brain to work with."

"No." Erwin replied back sternly before returning his attention to you. "Do you know where you are, miss...?"

"My name is (Y/n) (L/n)." You said softly. "And no, I don't know where I am... or how I got here. Frankly, I can hardly remember anything before just now."

"I see." Erwin nodded. "We'll have to question you later once you regain your memories. We don't know who you are, or where you're from. But this is a situation I don't want to brush past."

"Another hunch of yours?" Levi said sarcastically, but Erwin looked at him with a serious look.

As the three men before you discussed your future, you sat there completely baffled. You grew anxious thinking perhaps you had been kidnapped, or you were stuck in some crazy dream.

"I need to go home." You interrupted their conversation.

Erwin looked back at you. "And, where exactly is that?" He inquired.

"(Your home country)," you replied with a hopeful smile. These men seemed decent, so maybe this was just some strange mistake? Would they take you home?

The normal looks on their faces dropped immediately. Something was wrong, very wrong.

"I'm sorry-" you said worriedly. "Did I say something to offend you? Do you not know where that is?"