33

Next to the parking lot of Rongcheng Third Hospital, Jiang Ci came back while everyone at the food factory base was eating and packing.

Although Shen Yao fell into a deep sleep, there were still a few unrotted dead leaves on his dead tree.

Jiang Ci stood in front of a dead tree, reached out and picked off a dead leaf, and then compared it with the green leaf that Lin Konglu had picked off his head.

The leaves have different shapes and textures, so they are not the same plant.

This made Jiang Ci's gloomy face improve a lot. It was not the same kind, which meant that he was not infected by Shen Yao. This green leaf might have fallen on his head accidentally.

But after searching around the three courtyards, his face became darker again.

There are no plants with such green leaves growing in the third courtyard, and even Jiang Ci himself has never seen such leaves before, except when he was in the conscious state.

Could it be that this green leaf really grew from his head?

If so, excluding being infected by Shen Yao, it can only be... the degeneration caused by the genetic evolution fluid?

Jiang Ci's eyes darkened, and he suddenly formed a metal blade and made a cut on his fingertips. He then crushed half of the green leaves and applied it to the wound.

Soon, the wound gradually healed, just like in the conscious state.

Jiang Ci's pupils tightened, and he suddenly clenched the remaining half of the green leaf, his eyes darkened.

*

In the warehouse at the food factory base, the survivors were packing their things, making some noise.

Lin Konglu came out of the bathroom. After a while, his mind was still confused and his thoughts were in a mess.

He stared at the two lines on the pregnancy test stick and thought wildly: There must be something wrong somewhere, normal men can't get pregnant, right?

Maybe it's a false positive, maybe there's something wrong with his body, maybe he's being parasitized... Wait, can parasitism be a positive?

Linkong Lu doesn’t know, but if it is parasitism, this problem is very serious. He quickly went to find Zhao Xingmo and asked for a reagent that could detect whether he was parasitized.

Two minutes later, the test result came back and it was not parasitized.

Lin Konglu: "..."

He stared blankly at the two test results, not knowing whether to be happy or unhappy.

If it's not parasitism, then... the pregnancy test stick is broken! The pregnancy test sticks that rabbits get are all bad, yes, that must be the case.

But even if I think so, my heart still feels cold.

At this time, there was another noise coming from the side, and Lin Konglu stiffened and turned his head to look.

The one who was leading the argument was the bald Zhang Huqiang. At this moment, he was clenching his fists and said angrily: "Why should we go to Dongcheng Base? Shouldn't we be sent to the Central Base? You are so irresponsible. You plan to pick us people off at random. Just throw the place away and don’t care about it?”

Major Chen frowned and said nothing.

Cen Binxian explained with a solemn expression: "It's not like just finding a place. Dongcheng Base is the largest survivor base in the east of Central Continent. It's close to here, so it's safer and more secure to go there. The Central Base is far away. There are so many of us and we have to travel a long distance. It’s not safe. If we encounter danger along the way, we don’t have many people who can fight, and I’m afraid we can’t protect everyone. This is also for everyone’s safety.”