.04 ↠ untame

lowercases are intentional.

                                                          untame.

the moon was out and the lake bright. Little ripples from schools of fish swimming by caressed the surface. stars were shining above in the sky. and the trolls of troll village had gone to sleep, awaiting the morning. except for three.

poppy and creek sat at the edge of the lake. Poppy had her hands folded upon her crossed knees. Her head rested on her legs. creek, beside her, was in a criss cross manne,  smiling at the scenery before them. It was calm. 

"I'm glad we hung out today, creek." Poppy stated softly, looking up at him, "gosh but I wish we had more time. I feel there's so much for fun we could've had!"

creek listened, and then a smirk appeared on his face."oh, poppy, who said we stopped already?" He swiftly stood up, dusted himself off, and with a smile, jumped into the lake before him in a dive. Poppy stood up as his head emerged from the water.

"Creek, what are you doing!?" Poppy yelled, hazy. Creek was laughing his head off. "Cmon poppy!"

Poppy folded her arms. "i can't with you, sometimes. You're so stupid ." She rolled her eyes but nothing stopped her face from grinning.

"You're no fun. Well, at least help me out." Creek swam  to the edge of the lake and extended his arm to the pink troll. With a sigh, poppy came up and reached her arm out to creek. But to her surprise when he grabbed her hand, she got grabbed by creek and pulled into the cold lake water. With a loud yelp, she splashed against the surface and collided in.

Creek laughed until he cried. Poppy emerged from the surface, her face soaking and her face wildly unamused. "Creek, I hate you!" She barked. But creek just laughed and laughed. "classic!" Poppy used her hands to splash him as hard as she could, and creek splashed back. They laughed and giggled.

Poppy got close to him to get a powerful splash in his face. But creek grabbed her and lifted her up in a play-fight. And as they were laughing, he leaned down and kissed her right in the lake. And she kissed him back.

the moon was out and the lake bright. Little ripples from schools of fish swimming by caressed the surface. stars were shining above in the sky. and the trolls of troll village had gone to sleep, awaiting the morning. except for three.

Except for three.

The third troll was watching through the bushes. He was taking a midnight stroll to get out the bunker. The lake was usually his spot, but tonight it seemed it was occupied. Branch watched creek lean down and kiss poppy. He fell to the floor watching them laugh. 

He watched them pull apart and creek smiled. Poppy smiled back and let go of him. His poppy. His poppy who saved him and helped him. And then creek. Who he despised. Who he had an awful feeling about. The creek who was always perfect and how branch hated him so much. He wanted to go out there, jump in the lake, and pull him off her.

but he couldn't. So he sat and watched. They splashed each other more. poppy's hair was down and soaking. It made her look so lovely . Branch wanted to hold her like he knew creek would. But he watched them walk out the lake with their fingers intertwined and looking at each other. branch was so angry. He took a stick in his hands and snapped it.

"What was that?" Poppy muttered and looked around, confused and nervous. Creek looked at her as she was looking into the forest, where the noise came from.

 "I'm sure it was nothing, cmon" he started to walk and urged her to follow. 

"Uhm. I.. I don't know, creek." But creek urged her more. He wrapped his hand around her waist, whispering a 'cmon..'   into her ear. But branch, in the forest, could tell poppy didn't want to go. And creek urged her more and more.

branch couldn't take it. He had to step in. The urge consumed him. He stepped out the forest, carrying a bundle of sticks under his arm to look natural. Both poppy and creek noticed him. Poppy looked at him with watchful eyes, but creek with suspicion.

"Oh, poppy. creek. Funny seeing you here. At midnight." Branch fixed his posture and looked at him, focusing on creek.

"Branch." Poppy said, but creek spoke quickly after.

"Yea, branch. It's a little funny you're out here too. This late, and alone. Hm." he tightened his grip on poppy's hand and began to inch away.

Branch stepped up, and reached his palm towards them. "Woah, wait. Poppy, do you even wanna go with him?" He was sweating now. He had to protect her.

"Branch please." Poppy put her other hand around her arm, "you can't keep doing this."

"This isn't any of your business, branch." creek growled and stepped in front of poppy.

"poppy you don't have to do this." 

creek led her away swiftly, "we're leaving. Stay away from us."

as poppy was led by creek, she gave one last look at branch. Her eyes said 'im sorry.'  branch stared at them leaving . And with a desperate sigh, he began to track off to his bunker.

to be continued .