.05 ↠ untame

lowercases are intentional.

                                                        untame.

branch sat awake that night. Thinking and thinking and thinking. Looking at the walls. looking at his sheets. taking small breaks into the kitchen. getting back in bed. Mourning. 

that was his poppy. his queen. with the man he hated most. creek.

but surely, poppy couldn't like him. It couldn't be true. Branch wouldn't believe it.there was something wrong, and it wasn't in branches brain. the way she kissed him. the way she held his hand. It was so off; and branch was going to do something about it.

In the middle of the night, branch lept out of his bunker, clad in his leaf vest and a pair of his sleep shorts. No time to change; he had things to do. he didn't live in a pod like the rest of the trolls, but he knew where each and every single one of them was. so he swung through the trees by his hair until he reached all the pods of troll village. He hopped on each one, looking for creeks.

After —very creepily— looking into a bunch of pods in the middle of the night, he looked in a final one and saw them. Creek lying on the bed, dazed, and poppy stood carefully upwards looking out of the window. 

"Poppy," branch stuck his head through the open doorway. Poppy gasped and tripped back, "branch. You can't be here."

"I came to get you." 

"Branch please-"

"You can get out and come with me, cmon-"

"Stop it branch."

"Please you can-"

Creek turned in his bed, and grumbled. "poppy?" said the purple troll. "erg- yea it's fine just go back to bed." poppy turned her body to him.

" come back in bed," creek said sternly. When poppy didn't, he spoke louder, "cmon poppy just get back over here."

Branch was surprised and angered by creek's tone of voice. he has no right speaking to her like that. one last time branch held out his hand for poppy in hope she would escape from creek. Poppy nervously looked at the two of them; creek lying in bed, calling for her. And branch, who had his hand extended to her. She slowly walked towards branch and grabbed his hand.

"Poppy, what-" creek stated as he heard her footsteps. But it was too late and the two of them were swinging from tree to tree. Branch took poppy back to her own pod. The swung from tree to tree, branch was right. something was off. 

"Branch I-" poppy said, as they landed at her home.

he interrupted, "It's okay, poppy. I'm really sorry. I can't stand to see you and him like that. I know I'm a weirdo. And I probably shouldn't get into it. But you get what I mean, right?"

There was a silence in the air. "I guess I do get it. Sometimes I feel I just don't understand what's going on." Poppy crossed her arms and looked up at him.

"You don't have to get everything, or do anything you don't want. Just go to bed, okay?." Branch offered the pink troll a smile.  she grinned back at him. Poppy walked towards him and gave him a hug. As they embraced, poppy gave him a little kiss on the cheek. 

Branch looked at her before grinning, "goodnight poppy." 

"Good night branch." She walked into her pod and branch tilted his head as he watched her.