Sibling Talk

music:

*Sober by Childish Gambino
*One Dance by Drake, Wizkid, Kyla

I bite myself out of my thinking, because it is just embarrassing to ask about it to my brother, but we need to have this talk someday, and he can't exactly leave right now

I bite myself out of my thinking, because it is just embarrassing to ask about it to my brother, but we need to have this talk someday, and he can't exactly leave right now. "So I was wondering.. when you wanna bring girls into our apartment.. just uh..-" "-Stop talking" My brother interrupts me.

We are currently going back home, to spend the weekend in our parent's house, they affirmed to be "missing us so much", but I am sure that this is all because my dad is about to go nuts because of his team. Every time now and then my dad just stresses, and now that we are close to hockey season opening, he is about to go feral. Just like I am.

Between me and my brother, he is the one that's least interested in hockey, but still, he cares about it a lot.

I mean, how not to. Our dad is an ex former NHL player, and nowadays an NHL coach, he coached the Bruins and in the beginning of his career for NHL he coached Detroit Red Wings.

My mom however, has a more stable career, she is a surgeon, a heart surgeon. I wouldn't say completely stable because she has a lot's of up's and down's. Sometimes she couldn't be happier because she saved a patient, but when she loses someone it's always a lot of crying involved. She knows she did her best, but she always thinks she could do even better.

So, from the small story time is clear to see how messy it could've been for us, with both of our parents away. However they always tried their best to stay close and connected to us. We also always had a lot of grandpa and grandma involved, aunts and uncles. We were never alone, and they both gave us the attention needed back at the time.

I have to admit, me and my mother love to bicker. I love her until my last breath, but me and her is just an explosive duo. However my brother and my mom are like inseparable. I remember that during our childhood, every time I  did something, as in stayed up for an hour past curfew, or came home drunk when I was too young to be drinking, and my mother hadn't noticed, if my brother was having some sort of fight with me he would always snitch.

But so it went with me and my dad. I did the same thing, but with my dad. He loves to say I was born with skates on, and that I knew how to skate before I even learned how to walk. I always roll my eyes at that statement, but I am a huge hockey fan.

It's easy to explain actually, my brother is a mommy's boy, and i'm a daddy's girl.

I remember once, back at out house, when I wanted to call out my brother so he would play hockey with me, but he had a loud music going on in his bedroom, so I knocked hard, he kept not answering me until I opened the door and saw what my eyes can't forget. That's why I'm having this conversation right now.