' ᵐʸ ᶠᵃᵛᵒʳⁱᵗᵉ '

rainy days are always my favorite days ever. i had just woke up and it was still raining making me want to fall asleep again. but of course i had to see my plans through as much as i wanted to change my mind.

my floor to ceiling window wasn't helping my battle to getting up. i turned over in my bed to grab my phone while rubbing my eyes. it looked to be eleven already. i let out a heavy sigh as i slump back into my comfy bed. laying there for a couple more seconds my phone started to buzz. i poked my lip out pouting at the sound ringing off. i literally could have sworn my phone was in do not disturb, ill be checking that later.

i reach over to grab my phone it was eliza facetime calling me, i go ahead and answer knowing what she was gonna say.

"ni'ari you better be getting ready for our sleepover and not in that bed" i mock her in a mumble word from word. "and stop mocking me" she frowns.

i let out a little laugh, my pout no longer resting against my face.

"eliza, please i'm so sleepy" i groan. "no, you have to get up we've been planning this for weeks. now get up and get ready, put some cute pjs on and get over here i'll be waiting" eliza says then she hangs up sending me smiley faces telling me she's gonna be expecting me and watching my location.

i cover my face with a pillow letting out a miniature tantrum. if only my bed could swallow me.

i stretch out then get up doing my morning routine even though it's the afternoon. i pull out my sleepover bag putting a couple items in there for the night and then i go to my closet to try to find some cute pjs to wear. only thing i can come up with is a cotton two piece set. the top is spaghetti straps and shorts that have little red hearts all over them. i slip on some panties and fuzzy socks to go with it.

i decide to slip my oversized medusa hoodie on due to the rain. heading to the kitchen area i grab my glasses. since i wouldn't be doing much there was no need for contacts for the day. i pick up my phone and slip on my slippers finally head out the door.

we live in the same apartment complex just not the same buildings. i make my way to the elevator heading to the first floor then venture off in the maze on my way to eliza's apartment.

my phone buzzes and i look down at it seeing two thumbs up and a smiley face. i shake my head knowing she's probably following me on my journey.

it takes me eight minutes tops to get to her apartment including the ride on another elevator to a third floor.

i go to do a quick knock but the door swings open before i even can. she excitedly hugs me like she hasn't seen me in forever and i just let her before pushing away smelling sugar cookies.

"that's one way to treat me ni'ari" she playfully says shutting the door behind her. "you made cookies they come first" i place my bag on a near by bench going to grab two cookie maybe more.

"don't eat all the cookies we're gonna have more guest coming ni'ari" she exaggerates.

"well you should've made more then" i take a total of four cookies heading to her living room.

i plop down on the couch getting comfy.

"i did have something to tell you before the night starts" eliza nervously smiles. my face falls flat as i feel that feeling in my belly i did before i got over here but i ignored it.

just before either of us can get the next word out the door bell rings.

she gives me an extra chirpy smile as i narrow my eyes at her and take a bite of one of my cookies.

i look forward to the tv that's on the wall seeing that it's on disney plus. as i see one of my favorites i use to love to watch i find the remote in the couch so i can click on it. i hear eliza's voice greeting her "guests" for the night.