Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 83

"I killed your friend?" Dhin nudged the nearest body with a foot. "One of these, you mean?"

"Yes, one of those." Severance wanted to go up and smack the guy.

"But they look the same. How am I supposed to tell the difference?"

"You've met him before! You should have recognized him!"

The female Champion eyed them warily. She backed up a few steps, while glancing at the Chosen nearby. It was like she wasn't sure who was the enemy she needed to be on guard against. Severance didn't blame her.

"Huh," Dhin said, as if it never occurred to him before to bother with recognizing someone.

One of the Chosen bodies on the bridge chose that moment to vanish. The player had gotten tired of waiting for a Revive, even though it hadn't even been a minute since he'd fallen.

"Hey. You." One of the Chosen chose that moment to come forward. He was sort of glaring at Severance, even though that didn't make much sense. Dhin was the one who'd slaughtered everyone, not him.

"Me?" Severance asked, just to confirm.

"Yeah. Why's your name red?"

"It's not?" Severance threw the player a weird look. Names weren't red.

"What are you talking about?" the female Champion asked.

Another Chosen scoffed, her gaze fixated on the space over Severance's head. "No, it really is. How'd you get that?"

It was a bizarre situation. They were all standing on a bridge shrouded in smoke; a group of players who had been fighting tooth and nail just moments ago. And now they were questioning the color of a name, as if it were suddenly more important than whatever caused the fight.

Severance couldn't make sense of it. Then again, players were a bit weird sometimes. They followed their own logic. That was something he'd learned during his many adventures with Awesome Dude.

"I have no idea," he said. But then he froze in place, because actually, maybe he did.

The Dark Reviver. When he'd gotten that title, the System had said something strange, like how he was a sworn enemy of the Chosen and Traders, and now all would know it.

Was this how it worked? By turning his name red, those clans would be able to easily recognize him. But that didn't mean they'd necessarily know why-

"It's him!" The first Chosen jabbed a finger at him. "The wanted posters. It's him!"

Crap. He'd forgotten about those posters. Severance immediately turned to his fallen friend and flicked open his war fans.

"Revive."

He only hoped he had enough time to get the skill off. The sooner he could grab Awesome Dude, the sooner they could leave this mad circus before everyone tried to kill him.

Thanfully, Dhin was there. The Veiled clansman sauntered forward, putting himself between Severance and the others. He revealed a Maun-like smile.

"There's no need to get all worked up. We're just innocent civilians passing by, that's all."

"Passing by my arse," the Chosen spat. "Whatever. We'll just kill you, too. Erin." He called out to a small player who stood apart by herself. With pink curls floating around her head, she was hard to miss. "Get our people revived."

Erin blinked large magenta eyes as if coming out of a doze. Two dainty white fans appeared in her hands.

"Okay," she chimed.