26 × salty? cheesy?

"But I'm still sad, and you'd have to do a bit more than that to cheer me up."

Jay stroked gently Jungwon's chin with his thumb, 'accidentally' nicking his lower lip. He kept his mellow gaze on the boy's face. From up close, he noticed Jungwon's lips slightly trembling, and his eyes were not able to decide which corner of Jay's face they should stay on. 

"Like what?" He whispered, trying to not let his voice break down.

Jay chuckled at Jungwon's question. He leaned in until his nose touched his, and he could feel his breath on his cheek.

His eyes shifted to Jungwon's lips just a second before touching them. Just a touch sent a shiver down Jungwon's spine, piercing his heart. It hurt while beating restlessly.

He could sense the boy's smile on his lips, which made his heart stop. He put his hands on Jay's chest.

"I don't like you like this."

Jay pulled away for a second to look at the boy's face again. He smirked while raising his hand. Jungwon closed his eyes, when the boy's hand brushed the strands of his hair off his face, just to tuck it behind his ear.

"Okay," he stated, with a soft smile.

"I don't want to be your boyfriend or anything," Jungwon breathed, opening his eyes slowly. Jay embraced his cheek with his palm. He then, nodded, trying to maintain eye contact.

"Okay," he repeated, but kept smiling at Jungwon yielding to his touch and relying his cheek on his hand. "Me neither."

Jungwon took a deep breath and pursed his lips.

"I'm not in the mood for thinking," Jay said noticing Jungwon's hesitation. It was as if Jay had read his mind.

The thinking was taking Jungwon nowhere anyway. Even after going through all the possible consequences, he could come up in his mind at that moment, it did not stop his heart's yearning for that fast pace beating.

Maybe it was just a fascination, a simple fleet of loneliness, or a feeling of a weird emptiness they desperately wanted to fill out using each other. No matter the reason, both of them agreed that at the stage when all the words have been said, there is only space for action left, and maybe... just maybe some regrets for later.

But that's what being a teenager is about.

Jay raised his second hand and put it on the back of Jungwon's neck. Then, he slowly wrapped his fingers around his nape and pulled him in.

Their breaths fanning across each other's faces. Jay made their lips meet once again. Jungwon was not sure what he was supposed to do after that step. He tried to follow Jay's pace, moving his lips slowly. His trembling and stiffness gave away the fact that he had no knowledge about kissing. Jay smiled and grabbed his chin with his fingers.

"Don't think, open your mouth a bit," he whispered running over his lip with a thumb, before gently giving in again.

Jungwon followed his advice. He tried to feel instead of think this time.

He hated how the kiss was so slow, that he had to remember every moment of it. He hated how just a touch of Jay's tip of the tongue on his lip made his body fall deeper into his embrace. He hated how he was not able to pull away, even though... he hated it.

Well, since he never relied on feelings much, he still confused some of them.

Jay broke the kiss when he realized they both tried to find a second to take a breath. Jungwon's lips thinned, and he pressed his forehead against Jay's shoulder to hide his face getting redder.