𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎.

Play 𝐈 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭- 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐚́𝐞🎧🎵

Author's Pov
Today marked Jorja's 20th birthday, and Ebony made sure to stay up until midnight to wish her a happy birthday. The two women have an exciting and eventful day ahead of them that Ebony had planned out. Yesterday, after they went shopping, they both found outfits for Jorja's birthday dinner.

To be honest, Jorja never imagined she would make it this far. Just a few months ago, she was alone, depressed, and sulking over the fact that she didn't have any friends or family.

Ebony.

Ebony saved Jorja. Jorja is grateful for the light that Ebony has brought into her life. She could admit this a thousand times over. Ebony's kindness and patience towards her have been beyond appreciated. Jorja is grateful for Ebony's mere existence in general.

Jorja were already planning to spend the rest of her life and afterlife with Ebony. They loved each other, though neither of them had said the L word yet.

There was no need to rush though.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going now?" Jorja anxiously asked, looking over at Ebony driving, a small smile painted her face. Jorja had just now figured out that she wasn't exactly good at handling surprises.

Ebony chuckled, hearing the nervousness in Jorja's voice. "Relax, we're almost there. You'll love it I promise." She answered, occasionly looking down at her phone in her lap at the directions. Opting not to sync it with the car's radio, she wanted to keep their destination under wraps, knowing well that Siri's voice could give away the surprise.

Jorja nodded in agreement and decided to follow Ebony's advice to just relax. "Fine," she said.

Soft music played in the background as the two women drove in comfortable silence. Suddenly, Ebony let out a loud gasp as she remembered that one of Jorja's birthday gifts was in the backseat. The gift was something that Ebony had seen countless times on Jorja's Pinterest board, and she knew it would be the perfect gift for her.

Yes, Ebony checked Jorja's Pinterest board for gift ideas. Ebony thought it'd be a great opportunity to get her something unexpected. Everyone has that one item on their interest board that's unrealistic in the price range.

Jorja's head whipped around at the sound of Ebony's gasp, her eyes wide with alarm. "What? What's wrong?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

"Can you please grab the bag from the backseat? It's behind you," Ebony said calmly, trying to hide her excitement. Ebony had wrapped the gift up in a black gift bag, since black was her favorite color.

"Okay..." Jorja looked suspiciously at Ebony before unhooking her seatbelt and reaching for the black bag in the backseat. With the gift bag in hand, Jorja quickly buckled up again and turned to Ebony, her eyes waiting for Ebony to give her further instructions.