prologue

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

"I'm very glad that you've chosen to partner with us." The woman in front of him said, clasping her hands. Her smile was a bright, beaming one that never failed to infect the viewer with a feeling of having experienced sunshine.

She was an experienced veteran in a field that survived purely on entertaining clients and she always ensured they come back only to her company for any more interviews or articles. 

Shrest, however, was indifferent to her. The only smiles he liked were a particular girl's reluctant ones that seemed to him more like a prize than a simple expression. He simply nodded and glanced at the magazine before him. 

"I'll ask my assistant to quickly draw up the contract."

"The condition I had asked for must be written on the contract."

The woman's smile faltered for a second before being plastered back up. "Are you sure you want her to cover your exhibition? She only recently took on this type of journalism-"

"I want her and only her to cover my exhibition."

"Well, I think it'd be good to ask her-"

"No. She wouldn't accept if she knew I requested it. Convincing her to take on the role is your job as her boss, Miss Shetty."

Miss Shetty blinked. "Do you two know each other?"

Shrest smiled. It was his usual small, quiet smile. He picked up the magazine and flicked through the pages, before landing on the name and photo he wanted to see.

Sana Das

His lips curved wider.

"Yes."

 ₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊