26 | success of the article

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

Somehow the article had blown up on the internet. As was tradition, once the interview was published in the magazine and an excerpt of it in the newspaper, Sana uploaded the full article on the magazine's online website and went to sleep.

The next morning, she could only stare blankly as her colleagues shook her shoulders and patted her back, congratulating her.

Artgirl_121: link attached
This whole interview is something everyone needs to read. It's funny and enlightening at the same time.

That post had gotten multiple forwards and replies, with many people clicking on to the article, generating a lot of traffic for the website. There was a rise in subscriptions and people clicking in to check out Sana's other articles.

Her other interviews and articles were laced with sarcasm and pointy words that exposed much hypocrisy in many social and lifestyle-related issues. It was what had made her a hit among the magazine's loyal readers. This had also become a favourite for many of the new readers now.

She sat in the cafe, scrolling through the comments and responding to the torrent of messages she was receiving.

"Sana." Suddenly, a familiar voice graced her ears. She looked up. It was her previous boss from when she worked as an investigative journalist.

"Sonya, ma'am." She immediately stood up, surprised.

"Sit down. Shetty will join us in a while."

Sana sat back down, bewildered. She thought this was a meeting between only her and Shetty.

"How have you been?" Sonya appraised her features, seeming satisfied with what she saw.

"I've been doing well."

"I can see. Your face was too gaunt before. It's looking healthier now."

Sana kept silent, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Do you want to return to being an investigative journalist, Sana?"

Sana stared at Sonya.

"I asked you to quit your job somewhat harshly. I didn't mean to come across like that. I apologise if I hurt you. I just didn't want to see you become like that." Sana knew what she was referring to. Sana used to look like she was sick all the time.

"I've seen far too many people become hollow. But, I didn't give you a choice. It doesn't ease my conscience, knowing I didn't handle it well. So, I came here to ask you again. Would you like to return back?"

Sana leaned back, contemplating the offer. Her heart, body and soul were all in agreement. She didn't want to take up the job. She was happy where she was.

"No. I like this job."

A relieved expression crossed Sonya's face. "That's good."

A pause.

"I always felt you might be better suited for these kinds of lighthearted journalistic pursuits. Your language and your style of writing was more suited for it. I've been enjoying reading your articles."

Sana thanked her, surprised once again. Sonya smiled. Soon, Mrs. Shetty joined them and Sana was in for another surprising discovery. Her previous and current bosses were best of friends.

What a small world.

Once Sana had left, Sonya sipped the last of her juice. "Thank you for agreeing to take her on."

Mrs. Shetty smiled. "She's been great. A very valuable addition for our company."

"When I asked her to quit, I told her people in my line of work required a kind of optimism that endured and resisted. I told her she didn't possess that. I was wrong. She had that optimism. She definitely has the courage too."

Mrs. Shetty nodded, a proud smile. "She definitely does."

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

wordcount: 565 words

author's note: short chapters ahead.