17 | embarrassments

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

Once she was done loading the last suitcase from the taxi, she paid the driver and rang Shrest's doorbell. The door opened.

"You didn't tell me you're moving today. If you had texted me earlier, I'd have helped you pack up myself." He said, as if accusing her. Sana rolled her eyes. She hadn't wanted to move in that quickly. But her landlord had caught wind of it and urged her to move out quickly.

Sana was forced, in the end.

The two silently moved her luggages inside her room.

They were done after nearly an hour.

"I'll leave you to unpacking and...other things."

Shrest left her room. Sana took a look around her room. Then, she noticed it. A paper rolled into a cylinder and held in place with a ribbon bow. She pulled out the bow and the paper came rolling out, revealing a portrait of her.

She looked at the date scribbled at the bottom. It was the date of the art fest the two had visited back in 10th grade.

She took in the portrait. It was stunning. It wasn't a regular portrait of her sitting and staring at him. It was one in which she was sitting, her head inclined to the other side, with a whole field of tulips behind her.

This definitely wasn't the portrait he had drawn when she was with him in the art fest. Was this another one?

She carefully opened the door and peeked out, finding Shrest leaning against the kitchen's countertop and scrolling his phone.

"I found this in my room." She waved the portrait in her hand. Shrest looked up.

"It was meant for you."

"For me?"

Shrest nodded. "You wanted to know who my muse was, didn't you?"

Sana froze. Did he mean...?

"That's her, in that sketch."

Shrest watched her reaction, drinking out of his mug. Sana glanced at him and withdrew her head into her room.

"Don't tell me you're feeling shy." He said.

"I'm not feeling shy." She snapped and closed the door. Sana slid to the ground. She pulled her hair out onto the front. She was indeed feeling shy.

She's not my girlfriend. Yet.

Wasn't that what he had said yesterday? Did that mean....he liked her? 

Sana's cheeks grew red, at that thought. No, no. She needed to wait and observe. This could very simply one of his poor attempts at a prank. Or...some elaborate joke. Right?

Sana was still grappling with her newly-found knowledge, as she was showering that night. So, he did a whole exhibition because she liked strawberries. Sana's face scrunched up, in thought. No. He too liked strawberries.

Sana shook her head. Everything else made sense, however. But why was she his muse? Sana let out a breath. She wrapped a towel around herself and stepped out of the bathroom.

Suddenly the door to the bedroom opened and Shrest stepped in. "Sana, are you-"

As soon as his eyes landed on hers, he froze. For a moment, the two stared at each other. "I-um. I'm sorry. I'll wait outside." He slipped out.

Sana's face turned red.

Did he literally just barge into her room?

She looked down at her legs. She hadn't even shaved. Damn it. She wanted to crawl into a hole. Again.

Quickly, she threw on a shirt and slipped into her shorts. Then, she made her way out, concealing all traces of embarrassment. She was going to pretend nothing happened.

She sauntered out of her room, like she had no care in the world. "What did you want, Shrest?"

Shrest, who was arranging plates on the dining table, glanced at her before focusing his attention on the dinner he had cooked for the two of them. "I'm sorry about that. I had been knocking for a while and I heard no response so I got a little worried."

Sana cleared her throat. "It's fine."

An awkward silence filled the room.

"Well, I've cooked pasta for dinner."

Sana peeked at it. It was the red sauce one. Her favourite.

"Hurry up and serve, then."

Shrest's lips curved up. "What am I, your servant?"

"Alright." Sana shrugged. "I'll serve myself."

"Sit down. I'll bring you your plate."

Sana rolled her eyes, knowing this was going to be the outcome.

Once she was done eating, she rubbed her stomach and watched Shrest scoop up all the pasta remaining and finish it up.

"What are you staring at me for?" He asked, amidst bites.

"Don't flatter yourself. I'm staring at the painting behind you." Only then did Sana notice the painting of a naked angel hung on the wall. Shrest glanced at the painting behind him and then grinned at her.

"What a pervert."

Sana, "..."

You are the one who bought it, you pervert!

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

wordcount: 761 words