4

I opened my eyes to see Ryan facing away from me. The party three days ago was still fresh in my mind. I don't remember anything after getting in the car. But everything before is pretty clear in my mind. Especially the wink and the smirk on his lips.

I pushed the blanket off of myself and got out of bed. I walked to the bathroom and pulled the door shut behind me. I walked in front of the mirror. I started brushing my teeth.

I considered telling Caroline about the guy and asking if she knew him but she hasn't really been around and it feels insignificant. I'll never see him again. Hopefully. I felt sick thinking about it. The way he acted was so unsettling, but also hot. A disturbing hot.

I put my toothbrush back and walked to the shower.

-

After breakfast, Ryan decided to go out and do something. I stayed home. I tried to pass the time by reading. I felt like I was reading the same sentence over and over. The only thing I could focus on was Kai.

I heard the front door open. The sound of footsteps on the stairs followed. I looked up at the doorway as Ryan walked in. He had my keys in his hand and a bag in the other. He glanced at the book in my lap before pulling his eyes up to meet my gaze. I watched him walk over. He tossed the bag on the bed and sat the keys on the nightstand.

"What is that?" I put my book face down on the bed and looked at him.

He sat down in front of me and reached forward. "That..." He pulled the glasses off of my face carefully. "Is to make you feel better."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I feel fine." I watched him sit my glasses on the nightstand. "I feel fine." I pushed my hand through my hair then moved to sit criss-cross. I folded my hands together in my lap and looked into his eyes.

"You're a really bad liar." He grabbed the bag. "You've been acting weird ever since the party."

I furrowed my brows. "No, I haven't."

He tilted his head giving me an obvious look. "Never mind, you're a horrible liar."

I sighed and moved my hands to my knees. "It was really weird, am I supposed to act normal about it?"

He shook his head once. "Of course not or I would've just bought this for nothing."

A small smile spread across my lips. "What is it?'

He smiled. He reached in the bag. He pulled out a bag of Goldfish then a package of M&M's.

I smiled wider. "Ryan." I put my hand over my heart. I tilted my head. "You remembered." Of course he did. He does this every time I'm upset.

He sat them to the side. "That's not the best part."

I moved my hands to my hips and sat up straighter. "What else is there?"

He reached in the bag and pulled out a box. He tossed the bag to the side and held the box out to me. I took it from him slowly. I opened it. There was a silver chain necklace with a heart charm. There was a diamond in the middle of the heart. I felt breathless.

I looked up at him. "How much did this cost?"

"It doesn't matter."

I shook my head, "Of course it matters." I closed the box carefully.

"No it doesn't. If it makes you happy I would spend millions of dollars on you."

I tilted my head. "Tell me how much it was."

He stared at me for a minute. "Two grand."

My jaw dropped. I punched his arm. "What's wrong with you?!"