3 - The Echoes of Grief

RECAP:

"Nya, I need help. I need you to come to my house and bring a first aid kit quickly. There aren't any ambulances that are available at this time..."

"What happened?" Nya asked as we ran to her car.

"Lily got stabbed!" he cried.

SKYLOR'S POV

"Skylor, the first aid kit should be under the passenger seat, get it out," Nya commanded as she started driving. "Cole, did she lose a lot of blood?"

"Quite a bit, yeah..."

"Shit, hold on Lily!" Nya sped up and drifted past multiple turns like a street racer, throwing us side to side. I noticed a small flash of light from behind us. I turned around. Red and blue lights flashed, followed by police sirens.

"Uh, Nya..." I turned to her, "Cops." 

Nya growled as she speed up even more. I held onto the first aid kid for dear life as I was dug back into my seat. I shut my eyes tightly, bracing for the next sharp turn Nya was about to make.

"Here come more fines... Hold on!!" She yelled. I opened one eye to peak at the situation. Nya leaned to the left as she spun the steering wheel sharply to the right. I shut my eyes again. As I felt myself slowly go back upright, I turned around to see if the police were still following us. It doesn't look like it. I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Did you really doubt me?" Nya chuckled. 

"Not at all," I breathed out, exhausted from the adrenaline dropping back down. 

"After all, I am the best street racer in the city," she shrugged, not wiping the smirk off her face. For your information, it's not illegal street racing. Once a month they do organised street races as a fun competition. Nya is still holding the title for Ninjago's best street racer. Nya finally took the last turn. We jumped straight out of the car and barged through the doors to Cole's house.

Cole was holding Lily's head, their hands on her stab wound, on the kitchen floor. 

"Please," Lily coughed out, "get Caleb..." I heard a scream from upstairs. I gave the first aid kit to Nya before I ran upstairs. 

"HELP!" Caleb shrieked, about to get kidnapped by some dude. I ran up to the guy and side kicked him, causing him to fly right out of the window, causing it to completely shatter. I quickly took Caleb into my arms and hugged him. I stroked his hair gently, comforting him from his tears.

"Shhh..." I hummed, with the most soothing voice I could. "You're okay now," I said, as I watched the same cops that chased us, arrest the guy who stabbed Lily. I picked Caleb up and went downstairs, making sure he doesn't look at Lily, who was being taken away by an ambulance.

"Cole, maybe you go with Lily. I can take care of Caleb at the Monastery," Nya suggested.

"Thank you two so much for the help, I really appreciate it."

"Hey, Sky, do you need me to drop you off?"

"That would be great."

COLE'S POV

On the ambulance, Lily was still conscious and I noticed that she was writing something down. I sat on the other side of the ambulance, so I couldn't read the note from here. Before I could ask, we were at the hospital. She was escorted to an operation room.

"Will she be okay?" I asked.

"We will do the best we can but her condition puts her at a really low chance of survival."