1 - The Festival of Fire

REMINDER TO READ 'The 17th Realm' and 'Into the Dark' BEFORE READING THIS BOOK!!!

Warnings: Mentions of depression and self-harm

SKYLOR'S POV

It's now been a few days since Kai's disappearance. Everyone feels completely empty with his cocky ass around. In the morning, there'll be a funeral for him and in the evening, there'll be a festival to celebrate his victory against Manak which was organised by the entire city.
All of us (Me, Jay, Lloyd, Cole, Zane, Emily, Lily, Harumi, PIXAL and even Nimue) came to the place of the funeral to say our last goodbyes. No-one spoke. Silence filled the air on this sunny day. Jay held Jaya's hand. She was a bit confused like the rest of the kids - Caleb, Alex and Amber - but they still remained silent.

Zane learned not to bottle his feelings and disabled the function to be able to turn off his emotion meter. He was comforting Jay, who couldn't stop the tears from flowing down his face. Pix's hand was on Nya's shoulder. Nya stared at Kai's grave but didn't dare shed a tear. Lily had her hand in Cole's shoulder. He had his thumb and index finger round the bridge of his nose, just about stopping himself from crying. Lloyd shed a few tears, wiping his face every few seconds. Harumi, Nimue and Emily stood around - they didn't know Kai as well as the rest of us but they were still upset. I had my hands on Alex's and Amber's shoulders as I watched Kai's empty coffin lower six feet into the ground.

After the funeral, we went to the monastery which was still in repair. You know, from when the gate exploded. We had dinner and made three memorials at the monastery. One of Kai, another of Wu and Lloyd made a small one for Garmadon. Garmadon is presumably lost in a time stream while Wu died - the last we saw of him was his ghost. 

After I came home, I got a call from Jay as I was getting ready for the festival tonight. I didn't expect out of all people for him to call but I answered anyway, "Hello?"

I heard a sigh through the phone before hearing Jay's voice. "I need your help here, Sky..."

"What is it?" 

He sighed again, "It's Nya. She doesn't want to go anywhere. Ever since Kai's disappearance, she doesn't want to get up, she eats less and just..." he paused. "I don't know what to do. I already got her a therapist who diagnosed Nya with depression. I thought taking her to the festival would work but she doesn't want to go... She didn't take her medication either."

"I was about to leave to drop the kids off to Dareth. I'm coming over to get her out of her funk."

"Thanks, Sky." Jay hung up the phone and I dropped the kids off to Dareth - Jaya was already there too. Dareth is taking the kids to the festival but he'll take them home before it gets too late. We're planning to stay until the end. I drove to Jay and Nya's house and knocked on the door.

"I'm so glad you're here," Jay said as he let me in. He took me to the bedroom where Nya was laying on the bed, her back towards the door. 

"Go away."

"I'll leave you to it," Jay said, leaving the room.

I sat on Nya's bed.

"I'm not going to that dumb festival. I'm not in the mood," she grumbled.

I took a deep breath. "Take your fucking meds and get ready."

"I said, I don't wanna go!" she snapped, sitting up and glaring at me - her face stained with tears and her eyes swollen from crying so much. I glanced down at her sleeves. There were some blood stains on it.

I put my hand on her shoulder, "Nya... I miss him too. We all do. Trust me when I say that this festival will be one of the most fun nights of your life."