8 - Rescue from the Abyss

RECAP:

I came back to my room. Jay was awake because of the whole racket we made.

"What was that about? What happened to Sky?" he asked.

"She won't say. She must be exhausted... She just came back all battered up. I wonder what monster did this to her."

NYA'S POV

The next morning I woke up and checked on Skylor. I knocked on the door.

"Come in..."

"Morning, Sky!" I tried cheering her up. She's probably traumatised. Her eyes showed terror and shock. It was clear.

"Morning..." she muttered as she unplugged her phone from her charger and turned it on. She called someone.

"Who are you calling?" I asked curiously.

"Hello?" The phone replied. I could hear the faint conversation coming from the speaker of Sky's phone.

"Hey Rumi."

"Did you get home safe?"

Skylor sighed, "I'm at the monastery..."

"Oh, how come?"

"Is Lloyd with you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah... Skylor what's wrong?" Harumi's voice revealed slight annoyance.

"Can you guys come to the Monastery by any chance?"

"Okay... We'll be on our way in a moment..." She hung up.

LLOYD'S POV

"Who called?" I asked.

"Sky. She wants us at the monastery."

"Well then let's go. We have nothing to do anyway."

SKYLOR'S POV

Lloyd and Harumi arrived shortly after the call. I called Pix and Zane to come over too. Once they all arrived, everyone kinda stared at my battered face but said nothing. The girls came to the bedroom, bombarding me with questions.

"Who did this to you?" Harumi asked first.

I took a deep breath, "Manak and some of his minions..."

"That fucking-"

"Manak was supposed to be in prison!"

"Not anymore! Kayden bailed him out. You were right Harumi. You tried to warn me.... he is with the mafia."

"If Lloyd knew about you and Kayden earlier, we would've known sooner."

"Do you remember what Manak's 'minions' looked like?" PIXAL asked next.

"Apart from Kayden?"

Pix nodded in response.

Tears started forming in my eyes. I couldn't find the word: Kai.

"Manak said he doesn't have the power to corrupt more than one person at a time since it drained in prison..." I started explaining.

"Right... Who did he corrupt then? Do you know?" Nya questioned.

I nodded. "But the thing is Manak is not even the leader. He said he's sharing his power therefore the corrupted one has more power than they already have. That's the Mafia Boss," I explained.

"Skylor..." Harumi said, impatiently, "We need to know who it is..."

"He calls himself K. Like the letter. Had deep purple eyes, black clothes,"