7 - Love Beyond the Grave

RECAP:

"That's some good fucking advice," I chuckled as I wiped my tears.

She put her hand on my shoulder. "You need to let go."

I took a deep breath, "You're right. Thanks."

A FEW MONTHS LATER - SKYLOR'S POV

Since Kai's disappearance, we've been practicing our forms once a week at the monastery - the same way we did when Nya merged with the sea. Now with Lily gone too, after her funeral we decided to go to the monastery to practice our forms and let the emotions pass through us. It's quite calming.

Ever since, we did the forms until the evening. Me and Kayden were going out. We walked, holding hands, along the busy streets of Ninjago. We were laughing, completely oblivious to our surroundings. This unawareness made me accidentally bump into someone, I didn't pay attention as to who it was. Kayden caught me before I could completely fall over and we laughed even harder.

Kayden took me to this hill with the perfect view of the city. We watched the ombre fade from shades of pink and orange to a dark blue as the sun dived into the other side of the world.

"Pretty, isn't it? The sunset matches your eyes," he flirted.

I blushed a little and sighed. "You know, this place reminds me of Kai... I know I shouldn't bring him up-"

"No, it's okay. I like your stories."

"We were in this very spot. At night, though. I remember I would manipulate his power and pretend I was lighting a lighter." I demonstrated. I put my hand into a fist and flicked my thumb up twice. "Then, on the third time, a little flame would pop up and he'd turn it into a little heart." I flicked my thumb up the third time.

A small flame lit up.

I stared in shock, Kayden stared in concern.

"This is impossible," I muttered.

"You're on fire, Skylor. Am I supposed to be concerned??"

My heart was beating really fast. I was confused.

"Well, I think... Wait..." I did a small fire ball with my right hand and watched it slowly disappear. My eyes widened in realisation. "That guy I bumped into! That must've been him! It could've been Kai... I knew he wasn't dead!" I let out a small chuckle of relief. It faded quickly when I saw Kayden's upset expression on his face.

I am an idiot.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't-"

"No, no it's okay. I understand," he reassured me as he placed his hand on mine. He let go. "I should head home. You never know, it could've been the guy you bumped into. You should find out. He's your husband after all..." he plastered a fake smile on his face as he left. I'm glad that he understands but somehow I feel guilty. For months I was distracted from Kai but now he's the only person I can think about.

HARUMI'S POV

Lloyd came home a bit later than me. He decided to do the forms for a bit longer.

"Hey! How was it?" I asked. He was a bit distracted.

"Oh, yeah it was fine... but... do you know that guy who was walking with Skylor earlier?"

"Oh! That must've been her new boyfriend!"

He was in slight shock. "New boyfriend? Why did no-one tell me this?"

"I thought you knew. Her and Kayden dated for a few months now. Besides, when was the last time you've seen her this happy?"

"Yeah I get it but she shouldn't be with him!"