Chapter 1: Brief Return, Brief Discoveries

It's currently 2021, March 13. Today is your son's 25th birthday. As you realize this, you feel nostalgic remembering all the good memories you had with him. You thought about what to do to celebrate. You wanted to do something different from what you've been doing. Something more interesting. Something more long-term. Then, it clicks to you. You remember that you adopted your son, Bryan, from Playcare, that orphanage. You remember the toy factory Playcare was in, Playtime Co., and you get an idea. You thought it would be fun and unique to return to the place. Of course, you figured it was abandoned by now. Sure, you thought the place would be pretty dirty, maybe even a bit creepy. But still, it would be fun and memorable. So, you settle on the idea, start up your car, and get on the road.

Almost at the factory, just being 10 minutes away, you start getting a strange feeling. There's no buildings around, so you're literally driving in the middle of nowhere. You don't know how to describe it. The best you could do is describe it as ominous, yet calming, which you thought was practically impossible. 10 minutes later, and you arrived. You walk into the doors of the Playtime Co. building, and immediately remember Huggy Wuggy from seeing a drawing of him on the wall. You look around, and get a GrabPack. It had more hands than you remembered. Blue, green, purple, and a finger gun. As you go deeper into the factory, you remember all the other toys, like Bunzo Bunny, Mommy Long Legs, Boxy Boo, and a ton more. But finally, you reach Playcare. Then, the memories come back faster than ever. The Smiling Critters. You remembered each and every one of them. Bobby Bearhug, Bubba Bubbaphant, DogDay, even Catnap. So, you get in the cable car, and venture forth into Playcare.

You reach Playcare and immediately become reminded of all the areas. The counselors office, the school, the playhouse, and the one that appealed to you the most, Home Sweet Home. Home Sweet Home is where you met your beloved Bryan. You remember this place is abandoned, so nobody is here. You realize you have the freedom to explore all of the restricted areas! The first area you check out is the room underneath the big statue in the center of all the sections of Playcare. You look around, and see some strange things. A lot of wires, a console that's loaded with buttons, and a strange looking machine. But, you also see something that keys can be sent through. And, conveniently enough, there's a key hanging on the hook!

You see a door directly to the left of the cable car you came through. You decide to try to open it using your key, and to your surprise, the door opened! You remember this is a restricted area, so you walk in with no reason other than curiosity. You see a huge machine that says "Red Smoke: OFFLINE". This confuses you. It sounds strangely familiar, but for the most part, you don't remember anything about red smoke. Little did you know, you were about to find out what it was. You look around and see some strange looking poles and wires around, but you figured they were probably just for security. You could imagine any people breaking and entering the place having trouble bypassing them. They looked complicated.

You decide to leave that area and go into the counselors office. After going down a little hallway full of drawings with toys and chairs laying on the ground, you reach a small room with 2 doors and a hole to plug in a battery. You got chills walking down the hallway and became worried. You observed that the toys laying on the floor in the hallway that you were just in had.. blood stains on them. This was no surprise to you, since there was also a lot of blood stains back in the toy factory part of the building outside of Playcare. You find a battery in a tiny little vent, and plug it in. The battery powers one of the two doors, and you walk in. You see some red gas in some rooms. You thought, "Well, that explains the use of that.. red smoke machine.. thing I saw," and continued moving forward. You find a random mask laying on the floor. You put it on and try going into a room covered in red smoke, and the mask works! It's a gas mask! You turn around, and see a dark silhouette with glowing eyes staring at you. It was focused on you. Then, you remember. Catnap. The red smoke is his. It's all coming back to you now. You walk closer to the silhouette, nervous. It turns out to be the one and only.