Chapter 2: Friendly Confrontation

It's Catnap. Catnap is right in front of you, staring directly into your soul. You attempt to talk to him. You mutter, "H-hello? Catnap? I remember you," and to your surprise, you get a response. "WHY ARE YOU HERE?" Catnap asks you. His question was very delayed. You stutter as you try to speak. You collect yourself, and say, "I came here for memories, but mainly to morn my son who passed away 5 years ago. It's his 25th birthday." You tried to sound friendly and sound as least threatening as possible, in hopes he would stop talking to you in his aggressive, loud tone. He responds, "I see.. I've went through some things as well. I understand you. I rarely find visitors I can relate to down here. I will spare you." What Catnap said intimidated you. "What do you mean, you will spare me?" You ask. He responds with "I haven't eaten anything in years. Normally, I'd have to kill and eat any visitors who set foot in here, but you seem different. You seem worth sparing. You seem... kind. I haven't met anyone kind to me in so long. In fact, almost no visitors are kind to anyone in Playtime Co., not just me."

You felt sympathy for Catnap. "I'm sorry to hear that. It must be painful to get greeted by screams or insults," you said, trying to bond with him. He says "Thank you for caring. Is.. is it alright if.. is it alright if we be friends?" You felt joy the moment he asked you that. You thought about how nice it would be to be friends with him. He was nice, and... pretty. You thought he was surprisingly pretty for a cartoon character, or toy, or whatever. You and Catnap go to the center area and sit by a hill and look at the view. You ask Catnap, "So.. what are you, exactly?" Catnap responds with "Well, I'm a toy, just like everyone else here, both outside and inside of Playcare. I was made to celebrate the release of The Smiling Critters cartoon, along with toys of all of the other Smiling Critters," he explained. "And, if.. if you don't mind me asking.. how were you created?" You ask. You are met with silence. As you finished asking, you see Catnap slightly put his head down, as if he's thinking about something.

After an awkward moment of silence, Catnap breaks it. "There's something you should be aware of, or... someone. You see, all of us here at Playcare worship someone. We call him The Prototype. He saved me while I was... experiencing things, and is our leader. He is our God. If you don't want to be tortured like the other heretics, you best worship him." All of this information Catnap just revealed made you worried, but also curious. You couldn't even begin to imagine what Catnap has gone through, and what The Prototype saved him from. You still had so many questions, but you were positive Catnap would answer them when he was ready to. So, you didn't ask him everything right away. You decided to take your time. You had a burning feeling that something happened here. And you knew it wasn't anything good.

While you and Catnap were sitting together, Catnap thought, "She's so kind to me. She's very pretty, too. I'd even go as far to say that she's hot." At that moment, Catnap starting to feel his skin heat up a little and his tail started to wag. You asked, "Why are you so happy all of a sudden?" In a flirty tone. This is when you realized you liked him massively, and you had made your first move in the matter of 20 minutes. Catnap responded with, "Just.. feels nice knowing I have someone to talk to." His response made you blush. You were happy. You thought to yourself, "Maybe he needs someone more than just a friend."