Chapter 8: Prove Yourself

You and Catnap and DogDay woke up very late in the day due to what you guys did in the middle of the night. "Are you sure you wanna see him, love? I understand if you don't," Catnap said. "No, I wanna come. I get to spend time with you, and I like meeting new people," you replied. "Alright, then. Just be careful when you talk to him. If you say anything offensive or out of the ordinary, the consequences he'll give you are gonna be brutal," Catnap instructed. "Noted. Thank you, love," you said. "Hey, DogDay. Me and Y/N are gonna go visit The Prototype. You probably shouldn't come, for your own safety," Catnap recommended to DogDay. "Yeah, I'm not coming. He finds out I'm freed, he will end me on sight and use me as a body to feed the other toys," DogDay agreed. "It's settled, then. Let's go, Y/N," Catnap concluded.

You and Catnap found The Prototype in a restricted area of Playcare, and Catnap got down on his knees to praise him. "You're supposed to be on your knees," Catnap whispered to you. "Shoot," you thought. You panicked and quickly got down on your knees. "Greetings, my lord," Catnap said. You said it too, but yours was delayed because you had to react to realize you were supposed to greet The Prototype. "My lord, I want you to introduce you to someone. Yes, they are human, but they are different. They have been treating all of the toys with respect and care," Catnap said to The Prototype. "Let me see this human," The Prototype bluntly demanded. You stepped in front of Catnap to introduce yourself, and you got to see what The Prototype looked like. He looked abnormal, like he was parts of the other toys piled together with wires and metal to build a big, freaky body. "Hello, Prototype. I am the human Catnap was talking about. What should I refer to you as?" You asked The Prototype, trying to be respectful. "You shall refer to me as The Prototype, human," he answered. "I have been helping the toys around Playcare, and I believe I have made a significant bond with all of them. I also killed the teacher in the school," you said to The Prototype.

The Prototype seemed fascinated by what you had just said. "Impressive. Thanks to you, the toys may now roam the school safely. Did you make any contact with DogDay?" The Prototype asked intimidatingly. "N-no, Prototype. I am aware of what happened to him and why, so I therefore chose not to make contact with him or attempt to help him," you replied. You were trying to use formal language to please The Prototype. "Good. I advise you to keep it that way," The Prototype threatened. "Look at me, now. If you want me to spare you and let you stay here, you are going to need to prove yourself. I will not let a worthless human live amongst creatures superior to them," The Prototype declared. "If you are willing to treat the toys with care, then you will kill Mommy Long Legs to free the toys outside of Playcare from her wrath," The Prototype demanded. "A-are you sure I can do that?" You asked The Prototype. "YOU ARE GOING TO ATTEMPT TO DO SO WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. YOU AND CATNAP WILL BOTH LEAVE, NOW!" The Prototype scolded. "Y-yes, m-my lord," Catnap nervously replied.

You and Catnap were scared. You and Catnap were both standing in front of the cable car, contemplating if you should go back to Playtime Co. and do what The Prototype said. "I'm not gonna do it, Catnap. I'll just leave this place, I don't want you to go through the despair of truly losing me," you told Catnap. "No, go do it. I know you can do it. You freed DogDay, you killed Miss Delight! If you can do that, you can kill Mommy. I believe in you, love. Be careful, and grab anything useful you can find to help you with Mommy's execution. Good luck, my love," Catnap said. You gave Catnap a big hug. His warm fur soothed you, like a baby getting rocked in their cradel. It calmed you, and made you feel like you could do anything. So, you went into the cable car, and prepared to get rid of Mommy Long Legs.