Chapter 12: Face The Unexpected

You and Catnap had went to sleep together peacefully that night. You both were completely ecstatic about how much you loved each other. Catnap just just expressed his gratitude to you, and now you have your confirmation that he loves you, and he knows that you loved him back. You and Catnap were sleeping in Home Sweet Home, as always. Little did you guys know, that the Prototype was roaming around overnight, rummaging to make sure you and Catnap didn't do anything that you guys shouldn't have done. The Prototype eventually checked Home Sweet Home, and in one of the rooms, he saw DogDay sleeping. The Prototype had remembered at that moment that DogDay should have been chained up in the playhouse, but realized that you guys had saved him. You and Catnap then woke up to the noise of DogDay screaming. "What... was that," you asked yourself. "I think I know... it sounded almost like... DogDay. We should... go check on him," Catnap said. His reasoning was valid, so you guys went to check on DogDay. You guys went to the room where DogDay was sleeping in, and saw that he was gone. You and Catnap glanced at each other in confusion. Just then, both of you guys felt a strong force hit onto your face, and you both lost consciousness.

You woke up inside the Playhouse. You were in chains. The realization started to kick in, and as it turned out, you were the Prototype's next torture victim, just like DogDay was. "YOU HAVE MADE A BIG, BIG MISTAKE. THERE IS NO ESCAPING FOR YOU. YOU WILL NOW ACCEPT YOUR FATE," the Prototype declared. Catnap had also woken up, but it turns out that you were the only one who got taken away. Catnap woke up back in Home Sweet Home. He realized you were gone. There was only one place he thought that you could've been taken, which was the playhouse, so he headed there. You fought as hard as you could in hopes of breaking your chains, but it was no use. The chains were too powerful. You knew the Prototype was gonna do something to you soon. You didn't know what, but you knew it was something. You were desperately trying to think of ways to get out. You were really losing hope now. Your last hope was that Catnap would come to save you, but if he was, he had to be just in time, otherwise your survival chances were basically zero. "THIS IS WHAT YOU DESERVE," the Prototype said. "OVER MY DEAD BODY," you said. "WATCH YOUR WORDS, PUNY HUMAN. I CAN ERADICATE YOU IN SECONDS," the Prototype threatened. You decided to shut up, just in case.

You could tell the Prototype was plotting something, and whatever it was, you knew that it wasn't anything near good. Just then, you heard loud, yet distant thuds, they were slowly becoming louder, too. The thuds suddenly stopped. They were replaced with loud banging and slamming. The slams and bangs were getting more intense by the second. You were hoping that it was Catnap. The Prototype seemed to have took notice in these noises, as he was preparing for anything that could happen.