chapter five

Harmony's POV

David just dropped me off after the cookout. I head into the trailer where I live with my step dad and mom. Both of them are sleeping when I get there, so I make my way to my little room.

We live in a two bedroom trailer with a small living room and kitchen. And one small bathroom. It was a rental with red carpet and flowered wallpaper on all the walls. Mom kept it clean while dad worked every day. I was only able to go to college on scholarship. If it wasn't for my good grades, I wouldn't be in college. Tutoring was the only job I could get right now that paid the way I needed to get paid. I could get another job, but my mom didn't want me to overwork myself. That's why when David offered to pay me to pertend to be his girlfriend, I jumped to it. I could use that money to pay my college tuition.

I step into my little room and start to come out of my shorts.

"Hello, Harmony."

I go still I recognize that voice anywhere "Get out of my house" I tell him

"Too bad your boyfriend isn't here to save you," he says

"I told you to leave,"

He stands from the bed stepping towards me. I step back, hitting the wall. At times like these, I hated living in a small place. He grabs my throat, and I sallow.

"What did you tell him?" Kaleb asked, his voice dangerously low

"I haven't told him anything," I tell him as my body trembles against the wall

"Good," he says, one of his hands slips down my frame

"No," I tell him

"Let's keep it like that," he tells me

Pushing me against the wall. A tear slips down my fas. I watch him climb out my window. I run to it, making sure it's locked and then taking things to the bathroom. I changed into some pajamas for the night.

The next morning, I wake as my dad is leaving for work.

"Bye honey," he calls out

Mom is fixing breakfast. "Would you like some?" she asks as I come out of my room dressed to go to the beach with David

"I'm going to the beach with a friend," I tell her

"You going tell me who this new guy is?" she asked

"Maybe soon," I tell her

She truns back to her cooking, and I step out of the trailer just as David pulls up. I slip into the gray seats on the passenger side.

"Good morning, beautiful," he says

"Morning," I say, my eyes dart around the trailer park looking for any signs of Kaleb

"You alright?" David asked

"Yeah, can't wait to get to the beach and relax."

He smiles. "You'll be happy to know James will not be coming today," he tells me. "The beach we are going to is owned by Jessica's parents, and she can't stand him."

"I knew I liked her for some reason," I say, smiling

He takes my hand, kissing it. We pull up beside a red Mercedes. Getting out, David comes around opening my door. Because we are at a beach, I wore a blue bathing suit and a black cover. It was simply just a full coverage swimming suit that might have dipped a little low in the front, showing some of my breasts. The wrap I wore covered anything below.

As we get closer to the beach, I see that Jessica and Rachel both have bikinis on. Showing off their figures.

"I love that color on you," Jessica says