chapter eleven

The phone wakes me sometime in the morning. I answer, not looking at the ID.

"Hello,"

"Fucking stay away from my family ass hole"

I sit up "James, there going catch up to you" I tell him

"That fucking bitch lied I never touched her" he says "I went to prison for three years because of her"

"Why would she lie about it"

"Because she's a fucking bitch"

"Where are you" I asked

"I'm not telling you. Just stay away from my family and stop telling them I raped her" he says

The phone goes dead, I look at it then look at Harmony. I trusted she wouldn't lie to me. But I really trust her blindly. Didn't know much about the girl lying in bed next to me. Nor did I know much about James either.

Getting up I head downstairs. Going to the kitchen I grab a coke out.

"Can't sleep" dad ask nearly cause me to drop my drink

"I got a call from James" I tell him

"Isn't he the guy the police are after" he ask

"Yeah, I'll tell them but it's what he said"

"What"

"He said, Harmony lied"

"Do you believe him"

"No, but I don't know her that well enough"

"That's why I do background check on every one before I meet them"

"Even mom"

"Especially your mother, I knew everything about her before we got together"

I look at him reminding mom telling me he had stalker trates. "How did you find out so much about her"

Dad smiles "come on"

I follow him into his office he opens his computer. Pushing in the password it comes to life. A couple minutes later a fail comes up with Harmony's name on it.

"You already have a fail on her" I ask

"You think I would let anyone into my home" he ask "I'll leave you"

As he steps out the door I look at the fail in front of me. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't know tge truth. Click on the fail it opens.

It had it all from her birth records to the day her mother failed claim of rape charges. The whole case was there. Every single detail of what happened how it the exam she had to go through. The beaten she took, every mark that was left on her body. There was another fail attached to the bottom marked pictures.

Should I be mad my father has pictures of my girlfriend? I click on the fail and I couldn't see my father opening this. I got to the third picture and close out.

There was page after page of everything that went on in cort and even Harmony's family move after it was all over. Everything seemed to be normal after James and Kaleb went to prison. Harmony started college the Rice family had pretty much started a normal life. They struggled a little but always got by. I smiled as I read about Harmony getting a job tutoring.

Truning the computer off I close it and head back up to Harmony. I stand in the doorway watching her sleep. My mind going back to the three pictures I seen. How could someone do something like that to someone. Pushing off the door frame I make my way toward the bed. I felt the need to protect her even more then before.