Introduction

//Hello everyone, Ellie here!! Welcome to a brand new book! I've been meaning to write a poppy playtime book for some time! I hope you all enjoy, and stay tuned for updates! I may even potentially do a huggy wuggy x reader book if this one does well! Thanks for reading! xx //

January 12th, 1993

"(Y/NNNN)! Do we have to go to sleep?" A young girl whines, flopping into the woman's lap and pouting up at her. After a long time of the children playing in the game station, playing with Mommy and the smiling critters, it really wore them out
It was late and time for bed.

Laughing (Y/N) combs her fingers through the young girls hair, making her close her eyes. "I'm afraid so, honey. Sleep is very important after a day full of fun. Don't forget, you've got Catnap to look after you."

The little girl sat up, smiling at the mention of Catnap. He always made her sleep soundly. All of the smiling critters made her happy, as they did all the children. Miss Delight was also such an amazing teacher! Always smiling.

There was the sound of loud thuds, which startled both (Y/N) and the girl. In the doorway, a large creature ducked to get into the room. The smell of lavender immediately gave away who it was. Catnap.

"Catnap! Did you hear us speaking about you?" (Y/N) chuckled, watching the large feline sit down, his tail flicking gently. "Yes." He replied, being a feline of few words. The massive smile never left his face as he watched the pair intently. "Sleep. Must sleep." Catnap spoke, patting the young girl's bed. He wanted her to get under the covers and snuggle. Obeying the large cat, she wriggled under her warm covers, her head landing on the pillow.

(Y/N) reached up with her palm and rubbed underneath Catnap's chin. He purred, his pupils disappearing to signifity his eyes were closed. The feline enjoyed gentle attention. (Y/N) always gave the best scratches. The woman could feel his purring vibrate in his throat, and she could see it was lulling the young girl to sleep without even using the red smoke.

"Ears." Catnap spoke, laying down properly so he was eye to eye with the woman. He rested his head in her lap as (Y/N) sat at the end of the young girl's bed to ensure she was going to sleep.

"Such a demanding kitty." (Y/N) smiled, gently massaging the insides of his ears. The giant feline's breathing slowed to gentle rumbles, his head becoming heavier and limp.

As much as he scared lots of people, (Y/N) saw the beauty and good intentions within him. And like everyone else, he needed to sleep as well.

"Goodnight, Catnap."