Ch.2

.  . • ☆ . ° .• 🌙💫🔮🐈‍⬛️°:. *₊ ° . ☆

(Y/N) couldn't believe who was in front of her. 10 years later. Her old buddy Catnap. Her bloodshot eyes were wide, unblinking. His lifeless, glowing eyes didn't move from her. Like a predtor staring at their cornered prey.

He had barely changed over the years. Despite his single expression, he looked more malicious. Predatory. The fur on his hackles was raised as if he were startled. His usually limp tail was flicking impatiently, ears pinning back slightly. The two continued following stare, Catnap's eyes not moving from her as he stared down at her. He looked angry, ears pinned slightly.

"Where were you?" His voice was extremely crackly. Like the voice box be was given was damaged. Beyond repair. "You left us."

(Y/N)'s stinging eyes began watering. All these emotions she's been holding had been boiling. The torment. The horror. She wiped her face, taking in a deep breath. "I was fired, Catnap. Didn't the staff tell you?" She wiped her eyes angrily. The woman was fired for a stupid reason. Getting too close to the children. The supervisor staff had warned her, even signing a disciplinary. To them, those children were just disposable subjects. Mice to be poked and prodded at with needles and surgical tools.

Catnap, his hackles settled, tilted his head partially to the side. His eyes, not moving from her. He didn't say much at first but could tell the prospect of being fired upset her. "We missed you." He croaked. "It wasn't the same. Lots has changed. You have changed." He bent his knobbly knees to better look at her. She had matured. She had grown older. However, Catnap could never forget the one person who always cheered him up. Despite him being distant and cold at first, she melted his walls, and he always enjoyed being in her company.

"You shouldn't be here. Leave." Catnap spoke, getting back up and turning around, proceeding to walk away. (Y/N) was left speechless and spoke up, upset and irritated. "No! I'm not just going to leave after Huggy Wuggy tried to kill me, Mommy Long Legs tried to kill me! Everything in this fucking building wants to kill me, eat me and dump my body somewhere!" She yowled, clenching her fists. "You are the first thing that hasn't tried to kill me, and I'm too far in to leave now!" (Y/N) wiped her eyes furiously, taking in sharp breaths and gripping her hair between her fingers.

(Y/N) sat down on one of the benches, yelping as she clenched her side. She'd completely forgotten about the larger injury she'd gotten.

Catnap listened, his ear rotating to every word he spoke. He was good at listening. The purple feline finally turned around, sniffing the air. The smell of blood was extremely clear. And fresh. He's surprised nothing has tried to eat her yet, or at least hunt her as of now. The scent was alluring to all the hungry monsters in this factory. "You are lucky to be alive." His voice strained, sitting in front of the woman who was still clutching her side.

He made a head movement, signalling to see the injury. (Y/N) was cautious at first but gently lifted up her tattered shirt to reveal the piece of thin, sharp metal lodged in her side. At this rate, the skin will heal around the wound. It looked bad. Catnap wasn't sure what to do, and his ears flattened slightly. He couldn't perform any medical procedures with his massive claws. He'd just cause more injury and kill her. Then she'd become food scraps for the little critters obeying him.