Ch.14 (Ending 💜)

(Thank you all so much for being such a big part of this story! I hope you enjoyed the ride! What smiling critter would you all like to see next? 💜)

(Y/N) was sat in her garden, a hot chocolate between her hands and her body nestled comfortably in a deck chair. She was still in her pyjamas and slippers, taking in the beautiful morning. Sipping her drink, she sighed in relaxation.

Catnap looked through the back door, opening it with his paw and stepping outside, using one of his back legs to gently close it behind him. He walked in front of (Y/N) and curled up on the grass, ensuring his body was used to prop up her slipper covered feet.

"Morning, Catnap. You're up earlier." (Y/N) pointed out, smiling down at him. "As are you. I came to sit with you." He spoke, kneading his claws into the grass, enjoying the sound of the crunch. "Are you doing alright?"

"Don't worry about me, Catnap. I just miss Kissy, Dogday, and Poppy." (Y/N) looked down at her mug in sorrow, exhaling through her nose. "I'm just glad I managed to get one person out of there. How are you settling in here? It's been a few weeks."

Catnap stretched his front limbs, the bones cracking. "It took a while getting used to. But, I like living with you and seeing your family." The feline removed himself from underneath her feet and settled beside her, laying down so they could better speak. "Your injury is looking better. How does it feel?"

He gently touched her healing cheekbone with a talon, being very gentle. "It's better! It's not as swollen, right?" (Y/N) sipped her drink once more. "My side is feeling much better too. Those doctors worked miracles."

(Y/N) gently lifted up the side of her shirt so Catnap could see the healing injury. He was very impressed at how well it had healed. It will definitely leave a scar, though.

"See? Much better." The woman put her pyjama top back down over her side, leaning back to look up at the sky, which was still somewhat dark as it was early morning. Her eyes observed the darkened sky, Catnap's eyes following her gaze before he turned his attention to her. As much as the atmosphere was beautiful, he'd rather spend time with (Y/N).

Catnap smiled at her, his ears perking up. Once (Y/N) finished her drink, she placed the empty mug on the grass. The purple cat then shuffled over and put his head in her lap, closing his eyes as she stroked his fur methodically with her hands, resulting in him purring softly and relaxing his ears. "Thank you, (Y/N). For everything."

Catnap had found his home. He was finally free.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄, 𝐊𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐘, 𝐊𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐘 // Catnap X Reader 🎉