4.1 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬

You groggily woke up the next morning as you snoozed the clock once again; the same clock you had snoozed a day earlier and panicked right after you peeked your eyes open. Today, however, you didn't panic. Because All you did the previous night was toss and turn in bed subconsciously thinking about the things that happened. That's the reason why your head welcomed you with a mild headache early in the morning and when you opened your eyes, you were disappointed would be an understatement.

Scratching your head you got up, still a bit lost in your daze. This whole experience seemed so similar to a fever dream. So similar,you still felt you'd wake up any second and get greeted by your mom who'd throw a pillow on your face and then bicker for oversleeping. Perhaps you still hoped that you had been just dreaming and you had not really been involved in an otome game.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

As you made your way to the bathroom, you glanced a look at the lavish bedroom which seemed as if it had been pulled out right from a fairy tale. You still couldn't believe you owned all of these expensive and luxurious belongings. Back in your world, you would scoff at anything worth more than a hundred dollars, however, now that you have ten times the value of your old apartment of previous life, it's unsettled you, a lot. It was as if you had been given an unreasonable sum of money for no reason.

After freshening and wearing your school uniform, just when you were about to touch your phone ALL the memories from the previous day came flooding back and you groaned.

Oh no, you were supposed to end Ito and Himari's long-standing friendship, and it hasn't even been a day and you already feel that things have been going on forever. Geez. It never occurred to you that getting reincarnated into an otome game would be so problematic, especially after how it all was portrayed in fanfictions and novels.

Like, for real, it definitely wasn't as fantastically enjoyable as it seemed. Being a side character was already such a pain and it isn't even a WEEK. Imagine being the protagonist.....that would be even more sufferable and tragic. Even the thought sent goosebumps down your spine.

Sighing to yourself, you decided to brush such things aside and checked the phone to see if there were any significant messages from the game mascots. You checked it only to find the duo fighting for silly things again. Realizing you would get late in their melodramatic texting you focused on readying your backpack. You absolutely didn't wish to torture yourself by starving by getting late and skipping breakfast. Especially after the wrath of hunger you experienced yesterday.

As you were preparing the backpack, slipping one book after another, a knock resounded through out the room you were in, catching your attention. "Uh yes? who is it?" You asked

"It's me young miss." The voice of the butler answered through the other side of the room.

"Oh Brooke! Good morning! " you chirped, gleaming happily. Throughout the story the only person you were so far comfortable with was Brooke. He was kind and caring butler who wouldn't trouble you and always looked after you as if you were his own child. He seemed a lot like a father figure to Kai and you really wished she was grateful to have him.

"Good Morning [N/n] " he greeted warmly ,eyes landing on your figure dressed in the uniform"I see you've freshened up. Are you ready for breakfast? "

"Yes I am. Just packing the backpack and...." you answered picking up and slipping the last book ".... I'm done" you beamed.

"Good work. I see you wouldn't miss the breakfast today"

"Yeah... Don't plan to go through such a torture once again" you giggled.

"That's great. We still have a plenty of time left for school. "he spoke,checking the time on his wrist watch "I believe you must hurry downstairs. Your father is eagerly waiting for you and wishes to have breakfast with you" he conveyed, making you hold your breath for a minute. Shooting a broken smile you nodded and Brooke left the room saying he would be waiting for you downstairs. As soon as he left , a paranoid feeling crept in.

So finally it's time to meet him, you brought a hand on your head, dreading the idea. Even though you were pretty chill last night recalling that Mr.Kai had a supposed talk with his daughter regarding her attitude, you still had no idea how Kai behaved around her father and the hints you had received so far weren't enough to make you at home even if you were at home. Kai obviously was an introvert staying at home 24/7 until and unless Akumu called her out for some work , complying that her dad knew her inside out. And even if you tried to defend by an excuse that you were thriving for improvement , everyone knows for a fact that personality transformations doesn't happen over night unless it was a transmigration or in your case reincarnation. All of that only meant, he would point out your flaws as soon as you enter the room and maybe even figure out you weren't his daughter. That send an involuntary chill across your spine.

What am I gonna do?? you whined. You didn't want to interact with the mascots at times like this because all they did were complicate things even more and unfortunately you had no time to think whatsoever. The more you thought about it the more your head throbbed non-stop. Glancing over the phone screen you finally compromised and send a message to the mascots. At least they'd provide you with information, no?

---------------------------------------

•Cool girls UwU•

---------------------------------------

You:

Hey can y'all tell me how Kai interacted with her father? How's his personality and stuff?

[President is typing.....]

You waited, scanning the screen in hopes you'd receive something significant as President was taking a long time to type. And finally after waiting for a long-ass minute, your phone dinged.

President:

Deal with it yourself. We will only inform information which is necessary when you interact with the leads. Your interaction with other characters are not important to us. And don't message me for such stupid things. Otherwise I'll make your life a living hell :)

Never did you have this imminent urge to throw you phone across the window. You lips quivered with annoyance. Seriously? They don't help me at all and call themselves game mascots? Are they sadistic towards my suffering?! Annoyed beyond measure you finally typed back an offensive reply.

You:

Heh! And you call yourselves game mascots. If I mugged up random alphabets and spill it, at least that would provide me with something useful than this Thank you very much. You're the best game mascots.🙂

[President is typing.... ]

[You went offline]

Fuck it ​​​​​, you finally mumbled, exasperated with all the things. If you started caring for every little thing this way you might as well become a patient of high blood pressure at a young age ,which you absolutely didn't wish to happen. Slinging the backpack over your shoulder , you depart you room sighing to yourself.

How many times do I have do this shit?