II

Narrator

Y/n ended up walking Haerin home that evening.

Y/n had no idea what they had forgotten back at school, but the second they tried to pass by Haerin...

Y/n remembered how Karina said that Haerin was also scared of the rain.

That night, the pair tossed and turned in their beds. Dreams and false memories kept racing through their heads.

Something felt wrong.

"I want to be her partner," Y/n coldly told their teacher.

"It's fine. Haerin is used to doing projects on her own. She gets full credit anyway," Their teacher nonchalantly responded.

"I said, I will be her partner. It's a partner project. Yunjin can be with Ningning. There doesn't need to be a group of three when everyone in the class can easily have a partner," Y/n tried to not let their anger get to them.

"Haerin doesn't like working with anyone," Y/n's teacher got in their face.

"Well, she's about to learn what teamwork is," Y/n scoffed before walking over to their desk.

- Haerin POV -

I was trying not to fall asleep in class. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before because I kept having nightmares.

It was really hard to concentrate in class all day, but at the end of the school day... I ended up finding out that Y/n would be my project partner for the week...

I was really surprised that Sonsaengnim had assigned me a project partner for once.

"Why did you volunteer to be my partner?" I curiously asked Y/n as we walked over to the nearby coffee shop.

I guess Y/n had volunteered to be my partner.

To me, it seemed more like Y/n was doing charity work rather than actually choosing me as their project partner.

"Why do you keep asking me that?" Y/n seemed a little annoyed with me.

"It just seems odd for the captain of the basketball team to request for the autistic kid to be their project partner," I answered honestly.

"You're autistic?" Y/n asked as if it was no big deal.

"Yeah," I answered a little embarrassed.

"Well, I'm dyslexic so I guess we both struggle," Y/n was not responding how I thought they would.

"They're both totally different things," I answered a bit offended.

Y/n raised an eyebrow at me but didn't say anything else.

Soon enough, we were at the coffee shop.

We drank tea and sat in silence for a while.

Oddly enough, sitting in silence with Y/n didn't feel as awkward as it did with other people.

Out of nowhere, my ear began to ring. Like it had before.

"We don't have to talk. I'm happy just being in your presence," Suddenly echoed in my head.

I became dizzy like before and I started to blackout, when I suddenly found Y/n's hand pressed up against my cheek.

"Are you tired? Do you feel unwell again?" Y/n asked.

I felt a little dazed, but Y/n's hands felt grounding in a way.

"What happened?" I asked a bit confused.