XXI

Narrator

Jeno had been acting like an asshole towards Y/n all day.

"Where were you when Jimin needed you the most? You know how she gets when she's drunk," Jeno kept teasing Y/n.

"I'm not in the mood," Y/n coldly answered.

Y/n was getting ready to just skip practice after school... when they suddenly came across a situation that would allow for them to displace their anger...

- Y/N POV -

"Stop using that as an excuse. Why can't you understand that all you have to do is talk?!" Jay was yelling at Haerin again.

Haerin had developed the habit of going completely silent when Jay bullied her.

I tightened my jaw in anger and walked over to him.

*BOOOMMM*

I finally laid my fist on him.

"LEAVE HER TF ALONE!! WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS!!?" I yelled out in anger.

I was already angry for other reasons. I didn't need someone hurting Haerin on top of that.

"WTF?!!" Jay yelled.

"WHY DON'T YOU TEACH HER HOW TO SPEAK INSTEAD?! WHY DON'T YOU TEACH HER MANNERS?!" He pushed.

I grabbed him by the uniform and was ready to strike him again...

When Haerin suddenly said... "Y/n, it's okay. He doesn't understand."

"Y/n?" Jay laughed in my face.

"So, you are secretly dating the freak?" He snatched my hand off him.

"I'm not," I coldly responded.

"Really? Cus for her to talk to you informally must mean there's something going on with you two," Jay had a mischievous smirk on his face.

"That's it!" I grabbed Jay again and punched him as hard as I could.

"Y/N STOP!!" I could hear Haerin yelling in the background.

"Y/n!!" I heard Karina's voice too.

"WOOAHH, Y/n-ssi!!" I was suddenly pulled back by an unknown person.

I was too enraged to stop and pushed the person off to finally give Jay what he deserved.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HER. DON'T JUDGE HER. DON'T EVEN DARE LOOK AT HER. I LOVE HER MORE THAN ANYTHING AND YOU'RE ONLY ON A SUICIDE MISSION IF YOU DARE TO HURT HER!!!" I unconsciously yelled as I beat the fuck out of Jay.

"Sunbaenim!!" I was suddenly pulled off Jay again.

There were 3 girls on me trying to stop what was going on.

I didn't know what was going on myself, but when I finally realized... Haerin's friends were holding me back...

"Minji-ssi, what are you doing here?" I suddenly heard Karina's voice from behind me.

"We're here to take Haerin out to play," Minji coldly answered Karina.

I held my head down in embarrassment that Haerin's friends had just seen me be so violent.

"Play?" Karina sounded confused.

"Hang out," Danielle sternly answered her.

- Minji POV -

Y/n-ssi didn't look too pleased to be at the park.

"Ahaha, cheater!!" Haerin yelled at Dani.

I watched as Y/n just swung in a swing and looked down at their feet.

There was not a phone in sight or any odd look towards Haerin. Y/n-ssi sort of just looked like they were in their own world.

"Does it throw you off?" I gathered the courage to ask.

Y/n-ssi took their headphones out of their ear and looked up at me.

"I'm sorry?" Y/n asked.

I looked down a bit embarrassed. I thought that Y/n was different than the rest.

"Do you think Haerin is different than the rest?" I mumbled.

"Of course," Y/n chuckled.

I furrowed my brows and sighed. "I mean, do you think she should act her age?" I clarified.

Y/n gave me a side smile and stood up from their swing. "I think a lot of things have happened to her for her to behave the way she does," Y/n looked me straight in the eyes.

"But what if nothing has happened to her? What if that's just the way she was born?" I coldly asked.

Y/n had always had this knight in shining armor aura to them.

I just wanted to make sure what people said about Y/n was true.

"Her first steps. Her first words. The first time she ever got bullied. All those experiences shaped the way she is. She wasn't born a certain way or another. I frankly find it kind of odd that people think others are as they are without external factors," Y/n smiled at the ground as they spoke.

"If you're asking me why I hang around Haerin...," Y/n seemed to catch on to what as was trying to imply.

"I hang around her because she makes me feel free. She's the friend I can play tag with without feeling like I'm too old for it. She's the person who doesn't make me feel weak when I'm scared of something. To me, Haerin is special. She's more than people see," Y/n looked at me straight in the eyes.

Y/n and I looked at each other's eyes for a second....

Until Haerin came running hide behind Y/n.

Y/n suddenly wrapped their arms around Haerin and held her tightly. "I got her! Tag her!" Y/n yelled.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-