XLIII

Narrator

"Thank god. I thought I was done for," Y/n sighed in relief.

It wasn't that Y/n was unaware of everything wrong with the new story. Y/n knew that things weren't how they were supposed to be...

It's just that they had no power over their actions.

Y/n wanted to tell Haerin to make it all stop somehow. That they didn't want this new story or to somehow explain what the hell was going on in the first place....

But they couldn't.

To be honest, it's not like Haerin knew what was going on either.

- Y/N POV -

My body ached.

I was in so much pain. I hoped that it would all just end. I just wanted to rest in peace and leave this earth.... if that's what it took...

"You can help if you want," I heard a familiar nurse's voice.

At times, I could hear everything that was going on in the hospital room. I couldn't feel my body much and most times everything felt like a dream...

But, during really special moments like this, I knew it was all real.

"Can I?" I could hear Haerin's gentle voice.

"Of course! Just grab both arms and I'll turn Y/n on their side," The nurse appeared to be as kind as she sounded.

Suddenly....,

I felt Haerin's soft hands grab my arms and I was flipped on my side.

My whole soul felt at ease just by the simple gentleness of my wife's hands.

"Umm, are you able to tell me the agenda for today?" Haerin sounded nervous.

Over the years, Haerin was more confident than I could remember. She wasn't too shy anymore and she was good at being assertive when she felt the need to be.... but she sounded a bit off in that moment.

"Yeah, we have vitals 4 times today, 2 body rolls, and it looks like we have a doctor's visit for you all today," The nurse answered Haerin.

"Doctor's visit?" I could hear Karina in the background.

"It's just to make sure you're all okay. Coma patients' family members can get a bit stressed and some things can come up because of that stress. We just want to make sure you're all okay," The nurse seemed to explain.

"Umm, is there anything else going on today?" Haerin's voice was shaky. She sounded really nervous.

"Like bath time or scans? You don't need to free up rooms, do you?" Haerin sounded so worried, but at the same time... kind of cute...

- Haerin POV -

"We pay too much money to be kicked out of here. Don't worry," Yoongi Oppa suddenly groaned.