XLVI

Narrator

Y/n had a choice...

Be Haerin's friend or not.

"What did you think of Haerin?" Y/n's mom asked as their family headed back home.

"She's funny," Y/n chuckled a bit awkwardly.

Y/n didn't really know what to think of Haerin. Haerin was quiet but very mischievous. She was very playful but would often stare into nothing.

Y/n didn't really know how to answer their mom's question, but they knew that Mrs. Kang was their parents' friend so Y/n couldn't really say anything bad about Haerin.

- Yoongi POV -

Having a 7-year-old sibling wasn't so nice when you were 12. Y/n was almost the same age as me, but not really in my league. Y/n still liked to play in the park and thought children's cartoons were so funny.

Meanwhile...,

I only had an interest for video games and learning how to make money.

I knew you had to be old enough to even get a job, but I wanted my own money. I wanted to know why mom and dad were so obsessed with it.

"Why don't we set up a play date? I heard Haerin is moving to your school next year. It would be nice if you two knew each other before then, don't you think?" Mom seemed really excited while she talked.

Y/n didn't answer.

I turned to look in Y/n's direction and Y/n didn't even seem to be paying attention.

*SMACK*

I quickly smacked Y/n to get their attention.

"Yeah," Y/n lowly responded.

Y/n didn't seem too interested in making friends with Haerin....

But over the years, that changed.

- Haerin POV -

I didn't end up moving to Y/n's school. It seemed like mom thought that Y/n and I wouldn't get along much...

That's until a camping field trip all the schools had.

"Leave her alone!" Y/n pushed a kid away from me.

"She started it! She was staring at me!" A kid in Y/n's school, Jay, was pushing me around.

"She's just like that!" Y/n tried to defend me.

"Well, she's creepy!" Jay pushed Y/n back.

"She's not. You're just stupid!" Y/n and Jay started pushing each other back and forth.

"You're stupid!" Jay started punching Y/n.

"KIDS!!" Mother suddenly came running out to the lake.

"Y/n, what's the matter with you?!" Mom started to scold Y/n.

I felt at fault.

Y/n was just trying to protect me.

"Fighting?! Really?" Mom grabbed Y/n by the ear.

- Yoongi POV -

"Yeah, so it wasn't really Y/n's fault," Haerin explained what had happened during her school trip.

I guess Y/n had gotten into a fight with one of the kids.