14- A Promise

A/N

Okkk...this is the weirdest note I have ever written. This is awkward but I can't help it...Arni calls Arjun daddy whenever she wants to get out of trouble but well I on a personal level could not connect with the word...plus there were some other reasons. Anyways, a slight change: Replace the daddy with 'baba' and we'll all be at peace😌

Enjoy the update and pardon me for the typos yet again!

____________________________________________________________________

A quiet Sunday afternoon was the last thing on Arjun's mind at this moment. He was contemplating whether to pull out his hair or violently bang his head on the wall. All he had wanted to do today was verification of certain official records but a certain little troublemaker was determined to get on his nerves.

Arni looked at the broken vase and then back at Arjun. She noticed the distance between the door and herself and then the distance between herself and Arjun. She mentally did the math and came to the conclusion that running away was definitely not an option.

Arjun irritated - "Kya karu mai tera Arni?"

Arnika cutely- "Mujhe maaf Karo. Aur yeh Arni bulana please countinue Karo. Acch lagta hai."

She had been noticing his slip of tongues since past few days. Everytime,he called her by the nickname, a strange satisfaction surged through her body. And she absolutely didn't like it when he slipped back to using her fulll name!

And just like that Arjun melted. He didn't know how to scold her when she was being so cute! He mentally cursed himself for being such a softie. Wasn't he supposed to act like the cold and ruthless ACP he was!

Arni looked at him with her big, imploring eyes as if waiting to see whether or not she was in trouble. Arjun sighed.

Arjun- "Ja padhai kar! Shaam me dinner ke liye jaana hai phir tu padh nahi paayegi."

Arni disappeared up the stairs before her papa decided that she needed some sort of consequence!

15 minutes into aimlessly reading the chapter and she knew that the subject was not made for her. She wondered just who invented social studies! Why would a person need to study about the society where they actually live in? Perhaps that person was dumb. The sole reason why he/she needed to read about their surroundings from a book! That sounded reasonable.

Arjun had been passing by her room when he saw staring into the space. He leaned on her doorframe for a while trying to decipher as to what was the attention seeking element in the light blue ceiling. Discovering none, he walked towards her and picked up her notebook.

Arni's head snapped towards him as she gave him a nervous smile.

Arjun- "Let's see kitni padhai ki hai. Itni der me 1 question ka answer toh yaad ho hi gaya hoga na?"

Arni shook her head but at Arjun's glare nodded meekly. Against her better judgement, she was still scared of him!

Arjun- "State any 3 differences between occupations in rural and urban areas."

Arni gave him a thoughtful look.Maybe the person wasn't that dumb....

Arni- "The three differences are...are...mujhe yaad hai...aap bas pehla alphabet bata do! Yaad aa jayega." Not really.

Arjun smiled- "N"

Arni- "N..N...N..Accha aap pehla word bata do..."

Arjun- "Nalayak."

Arni nodded- "Right! Nalay..." she looked at him,offended.

Arjun whacked her head with the notebook. "Stop daydreaming and study, Arni! I am serious about hiring a tutor."