Epilogue(2)

Arni's hands reached sideways, fingers outstretched to grasp the very essence of freedom as a gentle breeze caressed her face with a tender touch.

Sitting behind Rohan on his bike, she couldn't help but smile as she inhaled the secluded, fresh air of the highway. Arni embraced the thrill of ride adorned by the hues of adventures with open arms, quite literally.

Rohan- "Kripya apne hatho ko unki maryada me rakhe. Agar piche se koi gadi aai toh aapke hath hawa ko pyare ho jayenge."

And that brought Arni to the reality, effectively putting a full stop to her filmy moment. She whacked the back of his head but yelped when her hands made contact with his hard helmet!

Rohan laughed, annoying her further. She punched his back making him yelp as the bike came to a sudden halt.  Rohan took off his helmet and glared at her through the rear view mirror.

  Rohan took off his helmet and glared at her through the rear view mirror

Arni rolled her eyes.

Rohan- "Kitni baar bola hai ki tameez se raha kar bike pe! Agar kisi din accident ho gaya na toh Tera woh khukhar baa--" he stopped mid sentence when Arni gave him a dangerous look.

He gulped and started again- "Tere woh param pujniy pitashree mera encounter kar denge."

Arni whacked his head and rolled her eyes yet again.

Arni- "Agar mere param pujniy pitashree ko pata chala ki mai tere peeche bike pe baithi hu, toh toh waise bhi tera encounter guaranteed hai!"

Rohan's eyes widened. He was nearly 17 for God's sake! The legal age for driving in India. But he still didn't understand why the man always gave him a look of disapproval whenever he saw him drive.

Arni- "Because he thinks you are a kid!"

Rohan poked out his tongue at her. God knows how she always reads his mind!

Arni- "Hence proved."

Arni looked at her wrist watch and her eyes widened. She had completely lost track of time. It was 12! Her father would be back by 1. They were on the highway, around 35 minutes far from their colony and Mumbai's traffic was like a cherry on the top.

Arni- "Bhaga Dixit Bhaga!"

Currently, the duo were on the roads of Mumbai, trying their best to reach their destination before the lion claimed his territory.

Rohan- "Abee zinda pahuchna hai toh isse zyada speed nhi milegi!"

Arni- "Mai bata rahi hu agar tune mujhe time pe nahi pahuchaya toh mai...ha! Teri uss baby jaanu shona ko bata dungi ki tu Shreya ke saath mujhe uss secluded corridor me Mila tha!"

Rohan- "Hazar baar bola hai ki I was just helping her yaar Arni." This was the latest blackmail that she had been using against him. Since past two months he had literally become her slave! He was just waiting for the day when he gets something against her!