13- Papa-Beti time

Title credit to ashwini_5352

The next morning, Arjun found himself choking in the death grip of Arni around his neck. He gently removed her hand and smiled. The girl was clinging to him like a monkey. Just like she used to do when she was 3. The only difference being that she was slightly bigger now.

He got up from the bed and went to freshen up. As he came out, he looked at the clock. It was 6 in the morning. Normally,she would sleep for another 90 minutes. But not today! He gently shook her. She whined in sleep and burried herself deeper understanding the covers. He took off the comforter and again shook her.

Arjun- "Arni. Get up."

Arni shook her head furiously and put a pillow on her face to block the light. Her father waking her up was no longer a wish now. It has become a reality in the past one week and it definitely won't be a lie to say that she hated it! However she won't trade it off for anything.

Arjun shook her harshly. No impact. She was stubborn and he was her father in that aspect as well! He made her sit up. Arni didn't have a choice but to open her eyes. She gave him a tired, grumpy look. Her gaze fell over the window behind him. Was it still DARK outside!? She looked at the clock. 6:10! Arjun braced himself.1,2,3....here we go!

Arni- "TIME dekho yaar papa! 6 baj rahe hai!"

Arjun whacked her hard- "Yaar nahi hu main tera! Baap hoon!"

Arni rubbed her head and stuck out her tongue at him! But deep down, a warm feeling settled at the bottom of her heart. She yet again looked at the clock in order to instigate herself into not smiling like a madman!

Arjun- "Go freshen up! And then garden me. You've got 10 minutes,Arnika."

Arni leaned back on the bed- "Kyun?"

Arjun dragged her out of the room- "Because I said so! Go!"

Arni walked away cursing her fate. She must probably go and sleep in her room. She'll lock her room from inside! But something told her that it won't end well for her. So she went straight to the lavatory to freshen up.

She walked into the garden grumpily after 15 minutes and gave Arjun a scrutinizing look. Arjun was busy warming up and didn't pay her any heed.

Arni- "Why did you wake me up?"

Arjun looked at her- "To run."

Arni confused- "What!?"

She understood exactly what it meant when she found herself running behind him to keep up with his 'jogging' pace.

Arni panting- "S-Slower!"

Arjun stopped and gave her the water bottle- "Small sips."

Arni gulped down the water and looked at him with pleading eyes.

Arni- "Kya kiya maine? Kyun ye punishment de rahe ho aap mujhe?"

Arjun started walking- "This is not a punishment. This a good habit to inculcate."

Arni walking beside him- "Ha toh aap Karo na! Meri neend kyun kharab karni hai."

Arjun whacked her- "Chup kar! Look at your stamina. We just ran for 15 minutes and you are panting like anything! Teri age me mai aaram se 1 ghante tak daud sakta tha."

Arni rolled her eyes- "Of course. Abhi ye bhi bol do ki aap crocodiles wale river cross karke school padhne jaate the."

Arjun looked at her amused- "Woh tere dadaji jaate the."

Arni giggled- "Unhone bola aur aapne Maan liya?"

Arjun- "Unlike you, Mai apne baba ki baate maanta tha."