IshAntanu's Valentine

14.02.2024
Morning 7.30 am

Isha woke up from her sleep just a while ago. She was grateful that the migraine from the previous day was gone. She just laid there on the bed, wondering were Shantanu had gone, because he wasn't in the room. He usually informs before leaving for college. Besides that it was really early. College starts at 9.00 am.

Couldn't he even wish happy Valentine? She thought in herself, but quickly removed the thought of her head. For 22 years, Valentine's day was just like any other day for her. Not that she didn't miss Shantanu, but she would work to distract her from her thoughts. She would act like it didn't effect her at all when she saw other young and old couples celebrating their love.

Then why now? Yeah Shantanu left the Bhosale house to stay with her, but from her hurtful past she had learned to not to expect anything from anyone. But she didn't know why, deep in her heart, she has a little hope that Shantanu had planned something for her.

She stood up from the bed and took a bath. She got ready wearing a red saree. The blouse of it was dark blue and the saree had flower decoration on it. She put her earrings and her Chandra kor bindi on.

After that she went outside. The house seemed empty. She sighed as she felt dissapointed, by not seeing Shantanu. As much as she denied it, she got used of this caring Shantanu. For years, she had yearned for someone to take care of her and when she finally was getting it, she just wished deep inside her heart that it stayed like this. But Shantanu didn't even remember that today is Valentine.

Not that she is one of those who thinks that Valentine is a very special day or what. Love, respect, care and affection should be always there and love isn't only between lovers, you can absolutely celebrate Valentine with anyone.

But she had no one. Her parents and brother were no more. Her son didn't really care about celebrating Valentine with her, as he still didn't show any love to her, even after knowing the truth. It hurt Isha, but what could she do now? He even knew the truth now.

And her husband who showed her love and care, didn't even remember about Valentine day. She silently walked into the kitchen. When she reached at the entrance of the kitchen, she stopped and stood there astonished and surprised.

Shantanu was there, busy cleaning the mess he had made while making breakfast for them. On the dining table, she saw a big bouquet with red and yellow roses, with a little letter attached to it. 

There were two plates on the table with two parathas and the sabji, he had made for them and on the side of the plate there was a smiley made with ketchup. She smiled a little while seeing the red smiley on the plate.

Besides that there was placed a little bowl with prashad in it. She wondered why Shantanu had made prashad. She entered the kitchen and said: "Shantanu, yeh..yeh sab kya hai? Aur yeh prashad?" Shantanu got shocked by hearing the sudden voice and turned around. He just smiled and then turned around again to wash the last plate. Isha patiently waited for his answer.

Once Shantanu was done, he turned around again and walked over to Isha. Isha stood beside the dining table and now Shantanu was in front of her. He put both her hands on her shoulders and said: "Mrs. Isha Shantanu Bhosale, aaj Valentines day hai, isiliye yeh sab ek chota sa koshish hai apne galtiyaan ko sudhaarne ke. Tumhare zakhm bhadne ke. Tumhe yeh ehsaas delaane ke liye, ki ab chaahe joh bhi ho, I am with you aur main kuch nahi bhoola. Aur yeh prashad isiliye kyuki aaj Valentines day ke saath saath Saraswati Puja bhi hai, toh breakfast karne se pehle ham pray karenge aur yeh prashad khaayenge."

Isha's eyes were a little teary. Sometimes we wish for things for years and when we get it, we don't know what we should do with it. She felt grateful for her husband. She felt grateful for the fact that she finally was getting love, care and respect she needed and wanted