Holi, spreading the colour of love

25th march, 7.30 am, Isha sitting on her bed.
As the day of Holi slowly started with a lot of joy and excitement for many people, Isha and Shantanu were at home. As it was Holi, there was no work, so both of them just stayed at home, wondering how to spent the day.

Isha had mixed feelings. Her mind wasn't feeling like playing Holi, because there was so much going on in her life. She still couldn't spend this day with her whole family, like the whole 22 years. She always used to be in her room at Holi, her heart breaking at the sight of others playing Holi with their husband and children.

But her heart...Her heart screamed for the celebration of this festival, even if it is only with Shantanu. She was grateful that he was with her. He could have chosen to be with the Bhosale family, but he chose to be with his wife. He had clearly told Isha, that he would not go there, as they were kept out during the most important occasions of their son's life. If the Bhosale family, didn't feel the need to share anything with Isha and Shantanu, then they also wouldn't interfere.

Even though, Isha felt extremely bad for not being able to be with Ishan and Savi, she agreed with Shantanu. She was happy for Ishan and Savi and wished for the best for them. Somewhere she knew that this marriage was not a normal marriage, but a forced one. But she believed that they both would handle it gracefully. As for now, Isha preferred to maintain distance, as it could arise difficulties for both Ishan and Savi.

Shantanu, on the other hand, while pacing left and right in the living room, was in deep thoughts. It was clear for himself that he  wanted to spend the day with Isha. He wished to play Holi with her. He wished to make her happy, after all the odds she had gone through the last days...no not days, years. Isha deserved to be happy and he wanted to give her that happyness.

He wanted to heal the wounds that he and whole Bhosale family caused her. He wanted to make her happy. And in his heart, he knew, that Isha, even though she wouldn't admit, also wanted to spent this day with him. She needed love and affection like everyone else.

Shantanu remembered the invitation he got from a very dear friend of him. There will be a grand Holi celebration in which Isha and Shantanu both were invited. Would Isha agree to go with him?

He sighed and went to their room. There was no harm in trying to ask her one time, he thought. He slowly opened the door. There sat Isha on the bed, hugging her legs, while her chin rested on her knees. Seeing Shantanu entering the room, she lifted her head.

Shantanu went near her and sat in front of her on the bed. He took in a deep breath and started the conversation.

"Isha..woh..kuch poochna tha mujhe?"

"Kya hua?" Isha asked in a low voice, her tone sounding distressed.

"Mera ek dost hai, Mr. Shinde, usne mujhe aur tumhe invite kiya hai Holi celebration ke liye, toh main.."

"Shantanu please, rehne do, mujhe nahi jaana, itna sab kuch chalraha hai, aise mein ham dono waha Holi celebrate karenge kya." Isha cut him of in between, before he wanted to ask her out. Isha said this, but her eyes were saying something else. She was worried about the happenings of the previous days, but she also had the right to enjoy right. Shantanu becoming more sure about the fact that he wouldn't let the past ruin the present, sighed deeply and took hold of one of Isha's hand.

"Isha, mujhe pata hai bohot kuch chalraha hai, hamare life mein, Savi ki family ka death, Ishan aur Savi ka achanak se shaadi hojaana aur unka hame kuch na bataana, yeh saare wajhe hai, yaha ghar pe rehke aise hi poori din stress mein guzaarne ke. Lekin ham dono ka saath mein Holi banane ka ek hi wajha hai, aur woh yeh hai ki 22 saal ek dusre se door rehne ke baat, ham aaj yaha saath mein hai, hamare paas yeh mauka hai ki ham saath mein Holi manayein..." He paused as he felt a lump forming in his throat as he remembered all those colourless years he had spent without Isha.